Road House 2024

It was exactly as good as I was hoping it would be! I think for not being an actor at all Connor Mcgreggor did a great job, and I think the extremely brief Dana White cameo was a great attention to detail :pinched_fingers:

There was only one part of the movie I was expecting that never happened, but the movie was great with or without it :smiley:

I give it a solid 6 out of 10. It was missing the fun cheesiness of the original but it wasn’t a stupid movie.

The only two problems I had with it are from the leading lady and the villain. I believe they were miscast for their characters.

The doctor/love interest should have been someone closer to Dalton’s age. I know how old JG is because he’s only a few months younger than me and this woman looks like she’s barely into her 20s. I look up her birthdate and sure enough, she’s mid 20s, barely old enough to pass as a doctor. That kind of stuff takes me out of the movie because I start thinking about why Hollywood pisses me off and I’m not getting into the why because I don’t want to derail the thread.

Having Connor fight JG also took me out of the movie because I know Connor would have smashed him into a pulp and I can’t unthink this. They should have used Connor as the lead or maybe Sam Elliot’s character instead? I dunno. His character was funny, and I want to see more from him as an actor, but it doesn’t work in my mind to see him fight “normies” on screen.

The best way to describe it is making a movie about body building in the 80s and casting Arnold as the opponent that the actor (which probably knows nothing about body building) has to beat. That would leave people scratching their head and wondering why you just didn’t use Arnold as the lead. It’s not like JG was doing a complicated part and Connor couldn’t have done it.

Anyways, I would still recommend the movie IF you’re a fan of cheesy action and the original. I’m sure most action fans don’t have the same hang ups I do.

I went into watching the movie as a big UFC fan, so I like Connor and could have a lot of room to forgive his poor acting, but I genuinely think for a non-actor he did well, and even for an actor he did pretty well. I watch a lot of really bad “so bad its good” kind of movies, B Movies and 80’s 90’s action movies though.

Post Malone being CGI edited the second time I watched it really threw me for a loop though.

Another thing is that this movie reminds me of the GI Joe movie. I went into that movie with the mindset of an 11 year old boy playing action figures, not looking for a deep and meaningful plot to profoundly impact my life and teach me a life lesson. It was a thin plot with action and banter, and that’s what it delivered.

Did you read my review at all?

I said I liked Connor too and he did a good job. I wasn’t critiquing him.

I never said I was looking for a teachable life moment. I never implied that at all.

I even recommended the movie despite my two hang ups about it. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make to me.

My reply to your post wasn’t even a response to anything you said. I was just giving my take on the same things you gave your take on.

Can I ask why the extremely defensiveness? What was it specifically that I said that made you think I was attacking your opinion?

Chill out dude.

me: opinion on movie
you: opinion on movie
me: elaborates on my opinion on movie
you: engages hyper defensive mode

The reason you cant figure out the point I was “trying to make” was because I wasn’t. That was you projecting … for god knows what reason. Way to turn a random harmless thread about a movie into … whatever tf this is. Maybe with 38k forum posts you should take a break from the internet? Seems you have developed a belief people aim to attack you when no such thing is happening? I invite you to show some restraint this time around and simply not reply, because I won’t be replying to you any longer, and if the ignore feature on the forums actually worked I would simply do that, because you have light speed instantly shown me you’re the type of person I have zero interest in interacting with.

Go to your Profile and click on Preferences > Users then type Tovi-moonguard in the box and select forever.

1 Like