RNG crafting is a pain in my behind

I hope that Blizzard don’t ever do this again.

3 Likes

I know that feel bro, i think i tried like 40 times to get stats what i was lookin and it never came up. I hope this crap system never come again

2 Likes

The good news for Shadowlands so far is that you can use a jewelcrafting gem as an optional reagent to set one of your stats on a crafted item. You still have RNG for the other stat though.

When I played DAOC (the MMO I played before WoW), crafting was RNG - for the primary stat. If you made a bow (or a sword, or a chest) the finished product was 92% to 100% of the max DPS for that item. The item was marked 96% or whatever. And it was pure RNG.

I remember crafting 10 or 12 bows, trying to get one that was 99% or 100%. The crafter (or the person who wanted the bow) had to pay for mats to create 10 or 12 of them, to get the one they wanted.

I didn’t like RNG in crafting then, and I don’t…

The funny thing is at this point i’m not even looking for the right amount of stats. Ideally for my pants i would like bunch of haste and the rest mastery. But i gave up on that like over 2 months ago. I would be happy with any combination of crit/haste or mastery/haste even if there’s more crit or mastery than haste. But nope i keep getting versatility/crit or versatility/mastery over and over and over and over. BFA is down there with Dreanor as the worst expansion imo. I think BFA take the cake personally.

1 Like

Can we trade, please? :pleading_face:

Still not reassuring… Blizzard needs to quit with the RNG in crafting so much… It’s a pain in the backside with how many reagents the items cost… It’s making crafting less enjoyable, more frustrating… and the only reason I can think of for “why” blizzard keeps doing this is the same reasons for some other things… Time sinks… It’s to give players something to do in the game (like reputations). Constant farming, to try and get the materials so you can craft something in the hopes that the gods will smile on you and get the stats you needs… but the probability is probably coded to be so very slim, that the “perfect” combination of stats will occur very, very rarely…
Yes, this “game” is becoming more and more “tedious” like an actual “job”… The only difference is, you pay this job rather than get paid by the job.

3 Likes

Professions are ruined at this point and Blizz are well aware of the situation but they don’t give an f

2 Likes

It’s not that they don’t “give a f***” it’s that Blizzard’s goal is to find ways to give players things to do in-game to occupy time (often called “Time Sinks”, which are in place to occupy the players while Blizzard works on new content).

(1) Patterns will require an extensive amount of materials. This causes the players to spend a lot of time farming in order to get the materials
(2) BOP materials prevent the player from sharing materials between Alts or selling them to other players. This means that even though you may have one toon with tons of a BOP Material (maybe because he only has gathering professions) you can’t share the mats with your other toons. Basically making these elite, hard to get materials, which should be worth plenty of gold, fundamentally worthless.
(3) RNG stats then means that after you have spent tons of time farming and gathering the materials, you finally craft the gear. Only to get stats that are worthless for your build. So, this sends you back to the beginning to begin your ordeal (Time Sink) of gathering the materials all over again.

I used to find crafting fun. When I would get patterns for high level gear, I would look forward to crafting it one day. The sad thing is that now, by the time I can craft it, my toon already has drops that surpass the crafted gear. So having the pattern is worthless, unless I have an Alt that needs the gear. But in many cases, my alts also can get drops faster then it would take to gather the mats to craft the item… and I’m not going to spend that much time gathering to craft something, just for the transmog.

2 Likes

Absolutely right

I don’t know if you’re french but nice name :wink: