Rise of Azshara Experiences So Far

Enjoying everything but the jellies quest. WHY blizz WHY!

It’s alright, nothing spectacular, the only thing I care about is flying to make world content more enjoyable for me and seeing how slow the rep is coming, it will take a long time to unlock which doesn’t make the content more fun for me.

1 Like

Don’t you mean how many of us aren’t making progress because the Horde were camping us in Highmountain?

1 Like

So far it isn’t too bad.
However… It took me 3 hours to do the Drowning the Alliance quest. They need some kind of incentive to put WM on again, because clearly the new quests aren’t doing it. We had to camp a WQ because it was the only way we could find any Alliance.

Do a level squish and make everything basically like Classic with class balance + duo spec for hybrid classes, and you’ve got yourself the best version of WoW. Make leveling matter and fun. Get the greatest sense of community back because now it’s basically non-existent

I like the mix of WQ, Dailies, Weeklies, and standard quests on Nazjatar. Makes the zone feel more full and complete to me.

My biggest complaint is the Nazjatar PvP event. Losing 3 events yesterday by a score of <200 to 3,000 shows there is some kind of issue.

Overwhelming amount of Horde showed up, every time. Guessing someone Horde side started/had a group going for it and phased in a whole raid group of them to the shard I was on. Pretty horrible experience all around. Guards didn’t help keep anyone safe. Horde raid group like a swarm of locusts effortlessly killed and devoured everything they ran across. No one was able to take a tower off them.

Something needs to be done about sharding and Warmode.
These extreme numbers imbalances make the event pretty much unplayable for the under represented side.

I had planned on doing the opening quests for Nazjatar tonight on both Horde and Alliance (to get both spectrums) since some of the initial “rush” for others to check out the new zone had slowed down some. While I did enjoy myself for a short while, the recent changes to the addon code (reference) had my system going a little too haywire. As I was killing the 1st boss after landing on Nazjatar (horde quest line), the system froze and I was then presented with yet another addon error as well as what almost sounded like the old BSOD sound. I use mainly dungeon-related and auction-related addons, with the exception of TomTom and NPC Scan and Zygor (of which I feel quite dependent on). I have disabled many addons already down to just what I need for getting through initial content. But the technical experience was so bad that I had to quit WoW in the middle of the quest chain and check my system logs to make sure it wasn’t my PC. Loud “grrrrr” sounds, freezing, and then all of a sudden unfreezing and someone in front of me killing what I started. Just a poor tech experience. And yes, I had several addons already disabled.
Also, what kind of bothered me at the beginning after the initial cutscene with arriving on Nazjatar was that I saw my character back at the Islands Expedition Captain in Port of Zuldazar before seeing myself on Nazjatar. There were a couple other spots that were poorly rendering as well (have my graphics set to “good” and “fair”).

Before the technical difficulties, I’d say that I was mostly enjoying myself exploring and killing new stuff. I did not have warmode on. Trying to get my bearings first, and if requested I’ll do warmode, but I don’t really enjoy it on.
Yellow-dragon elites take as much time to kill at an ilvl 390 as silver-dragon elites from WQ’s it seems, but I had zero survival problems as a Vengence DH (thanks to your hotfix from a few months ago…thank you).

Going to try and finish doing this opening quest chain tomorrow after maintenance, and hopefully I don’t have to be going into it “addon-naked” this time in order to just get through just getting this initial foothold. If I do, I’ll just wait it out until things with the addons get sorted out as they always do.

It’s not just unbalances, but mostly how Alliance are mostly casual raiders and non-pvpers. That’s the mindset of most people now. Alliance are great at mount, toy etc farming while the Horde are mostly hardcore with raiding and PvP.

Most of the Alliance have WM off… :frowning:
The only way I see them ever fixing this would be to unite the factions and then those who do PvP can pick a side (Blue vs Red) because no one wants to transfer to Alliance, even if they offered free transfer and faction changes …

Casuals are every bit as important to the game as people who live large chunks of their day to day lives playing WoW (whether because they raid, or gold farm, or pvp, etc).

I was in a raid guild for years and the pressure made me hate logging in. Pressure to upgrade gear, pressure to farm mats for flasks, pressure to be online at least 1 hour before raid time, pressure from the raid leader to increase uptime…

It made me realize that I was a casual trapped in a raiding guild.

Leaving that guild was the best thing for me in that moment. I think I would have quit altogether had I not just said, “no more…”

I became a filthy casual in 2007 and have enjoyed the game much more. As a filthy casual (FC), I think ALL the content should be available to EVERY player regardless of their chosen play style. Raiders should get rewarded the very best gear, but that doesn’t mean FC players shouldn’t get maybe a tier below for doing heroics/mythics.

It doesn’t hurt anyone to make multiple paths for player rewards that still feel rewarding and not punishment for not spending 20 out of every 24 hours playing the game.

3 Likes

It’s horrible. Fire Ion.

6 Likes

I like it so far. Questing around in Nazjatar as a DH feels so good!! and I actually like the challenging nature of the zone. I mean obviously it’ll be a little hard questing there cause you can get 430 benthic gear so it makes sense. I’m on mechagon right now and so far so good. I love farming mounts so yeah this patch is good for me.

Perhaps they should consolidate all the abilities of alts into each character for maximum efficiency.

That would make the game more fun.

Again, it’s a no-class-is-fun problem, not a “my alt is lagging” problem. Every class is the exact same variation of three different builds

1 Like

As a previous PvP Team Lead back in Cata (different char, not this one), I love your answer!

I really like Nazjatar. as far as the pacing goes i felt overwhelmed at first with all the quest in the new zones, but then i did them all and now im not sure what to do except wait for the next day.

1 Like

I’ve never heard a good answer to this question: why Heroic raid? What difference does it make to you what your arbitrary ilvl cap is if you’re never going to play the content that it’s made to lead to? If the WQ and other super-casual stuff tops out at equivalent Normal or even LFR, you’re not going to be able to tell the difference because your incremental progression path will already be exactly the same, and mob scaling means they’ll feel pretty much the same too. All setting the casual stuff to Heroic raid does is destroy the progression path for everyone else by preemptively invalidating entire tiers of content altogether.

Sharding is broken for me in Nazjatar.
My realm is Horde dominated, but I never find Alliance players in that zone specifically; Mechagon WPVP feels balanced btw. I’m not really into WPVP, but I need to join randoms from group finder just to hop into another shard and complete PVP quests.

Raiding, definitely Horde dominated.

PvP?
Might want to check the ladders again there… Just looking at the top 100 today.
58 are Alliance. Overall, the balance on PvP is 2:1 in favor of the Horde. But unlike raiding the factions have actually, since MoP, been represented fairly close in that top-end space.

Putting skill aside, I don’t care if the Alliance I’m fighting with aren’t the best players in the world. It’s better than them not being there at all when I’m facing a 20+ man raid group barreling down on me; and me alone.

Even if we get 4 or 5 Alliance together at a tower, we are hopelessly outnumbered and can’t put up any sort of a fight.

The culprit is sharding. It’s pretty clear whatever agent they have “rebalancing” zones to try and keep some semblance of fair numbers on both sides (they stated in 8.1) isn’t doing its process often enough to respond to people being phased in, en mass, from grouping.

im dissapointed the dungeon wasn’t released why not stagger releases instead of hitting us with everything on the same week. i have nothing to do after 4 hours of game play. and just daily grinding every other day until the dungeon and raid are released. blizzard need a swift kick in the guts not happy atm.

4 Likes

All in all 8.2 is mostly what I expected. A new locale in which to do the same things. It is fairly consistent with the level of entertainment I receive from similar activities. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t dismounted at all tonight. How are you getting dismounted that often?

Some of the mobs in Nazjatar are a tad bit overtuned, i can’t remember the name, but the flying squid thingies that have a mindflay ability that ticks for a truckload of damage and they come in packs of 3-5, if you get inside their aggro range and have no immunity ability you’re as good as dead.