Ripcord, essentially pulled

They will only pull it cause they can’t fix it… don’t be fooled by “” we are listing to you “” Blizzard don’t anything if they don’t have too.

1 Like

As it should be imo.

I’m still of the mind of the Legendaries being class restricted / weapon type restricted. I really don’t mind more effort being poured into the Legendaries to actually FEEL legendary. Rather than…

YOU GET AN ORANGE, YOU GET AN ORANGE, EVERYONE GETS AN ORANGE.

3 Likes

You mean the people ruined it for everyone, not Blizzard.

I really don’t get the whole covenant thing anyway. I helped them all while leveling and moved on on good terms. I mean how could we really join them. We are mortal and “The Maw Walker”. We don’t belong there. Just let us collect our tmogs and use the abilities.
I can see soulbinds but why can’t I have BFFs from different factions/covenants. We are all friends after all.

1 Like

Thing is what they did was not pull the ripcord. They did what all of us supporting the ripcord said they would do if they didn’t separate the player power from the covenants.

4 Likes

Sounds based to me. Not as good as them not being in the game at all, but it’s a start.

Erm…someone obviously forgot grinding for Resist gear. >.>

3 Likes

Can you or someone explain to me why people are saying the ripcord is pulled and what that even means to a new player please?

1 Like

Well, it wasn’t pulled for one.

For two, what they are calling the “ripcord” is the idea that Blizz will divorce the aesthetics of Covenants from the mechanics. So you basically would choose whatever Covenant you want for the visual and then a separate mechanic system would exist, pooled from the Covenant abilities and Soulbind trees, for you to choose from.

It’ll never happen.

They did what we said would happen if they didn’t pull the ripcord

2 Likes

It’s their Achilles’ heel. They will never get that how a player presents their avatar in the world is #1 to the majority when engaging in a virtual world. They make this mistake over, and over, and over again.

I laugh about it because otherwise I’d weep. /sighs/

1 Like

Haha that’s fine. Blizzard…well, I don’t like the current state of blizzard, or their policies, or their behavior, or their public image. I do still like WoW, which they happen to still own. Covenants looked like they were shaping up to ruin WoE pretty hard in their original state.

So…they can remove or nerf covs into obsolescence and pretend they didn’t have egg on their face, either is fine by me :stuck_out_tongue:

We are not ‘afraid’ that our covenant is not viable, some of the class/spec/covenant combinations are straight up trash. At the end of the day players are going to want to push content, no one is going to take a Venthyr arcane mage who pulls 40% less DPS than a Kyrian ret paladin or a Night Fae UH DK.

2 Likes

Ripcorders never wanted things to get nerfed, they wanted the restrictions removed.

To Ripcorders, meaningful choices involved being able to earn and the choose different covenant powers based on many different factors.

The fact that different covenants could be better suited for some things over others is specifically what would make our choices meaningful.

Nerfing them not only makes the game less interesting for the pro-ripcorders, it also defeats the whole goal of having meaningful choices with or without punishment and restriction.

At this point the people that get it the worst are the collectors/transmog players. They get restricted out of 75% of the aesthetics the expansion has to offer.

3 Likes

again at this point the ripcord hasn’t been pulled more so just look around. the forums are in an uproar about systemlands. reddit has said systemlands needs to be held off until mid-2021.

at this point i don’t see much of a future with wow not unless some massive changes happen however the bfa/systemslands loop needs to end asap blizz needs to start talking to players who understand the long term health of the game.

I freaking loved this analogy

2 Likes

This. Absolutely this. Legendaries should be a thing that FEW people have. I dislike the plot where I’m the “famed hero” again for like 3 expansions. I’m happy to be a useful cog in the WoW wheel because this is an mmorpg where we create characters from the ground up. Everyone being the “chosen one” is just cheesy at this point.

2 Likes

Thats… not at all what pulling the ripcord was about…

4 Likes