Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Blizz loves to take the loses more than the wins. Just can’t have it all lmao.

runs the Warden Entrix guantlet

sees him despawn from the map while I’m tanking a dozen elites in the corridor

To be fair, I guess this accurately recreates the experience from when the Forbidden Reach was popular.

( tonight’s ZC run there were 3-4 other people doing to same thing so it was the first little true murderball I’ve encountered since the change; I only completed the mobs that were up and left, but it went smoothly as a nugget of activity )

is that good or bad

Entrix? I can’t say it felt good.

( but this was just the first time I’ve gone back to the Reach to rare-hunt sine the change; the rares appear to now be fairly easy for my tank to solo in 10.2 gear so it looks like I can start poking away at some things I’m still missing if I can find the time )

There’s a Google doc called Zaralek Cavern Zone Division and it shows the 4 active zones, plus the inactive one, and it’s updated every 5 minutes. I’m not sure how to post a link to it directly though.

The doc looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1tRpZcF.png

(Sorry, can’t post direct links)

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

But where are they? Are they in the room with us right now? And how do you come to the conclusion that you 100% will get these transmog items now?

2 Likes

I… I want to know what insane people think that this solution is better then just scaling everything down.

4 Likes

The kind of people that work at blizz HQ, apparently.

2 Likes

Ya know Blizzard, if you are going to keep this despawning mechanic, make the special loot 100%. It shouldn’t be both. Slash their health and reduce the spawn timer or have them despawn but its guaranteed loot.

2 Likes

Guess I am just not going to bother with Zaralek Caverns and the Forbidden Reach rares for cosmetics, it already felt/feels horrible camping the Druid rares in the Emerald Dream every day for several hours.

8 Likes

deadzone anyway…
no one is ever around when i’m down there…
and even a hunter has a hard time solo with the
spawns…BECAUSE THEY DON’T SCALE!

5 Likes

where can i watch this stream? I want to add my +1 viewed and upvote to it if there is such thing

2 Likes

You can post the link exactly the same way as you posted the image link.

Too little too late.

It’s just strange how this is I think the first time that Blizz has added a despawn timer to all rare mobs in a zone as a supposed solution to players not engaging with them, instead of something that’s generally more positive. I mean, there’re mobs like this in the rest of the Dragon Isles that sit permanently spawned, but they don’t have despawn timers; neither do the new ones in the Emerald Dream (which also already sit spawned pretty much permanently).

Rares just aren’t rewarding enough to gather a group to beat up with the rewards being as rare as they are. I feel like you gotta have it be either low drop rates from mobs that can be soloed, or high/guaranteed drops from mobs that require a group. Low drop rate and requiring a group is the worst of both worlds.

2 Likes

Yeah, it takes too much o’ that there 'lectricity to have the computer spawn them!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRrnjYASgBC_8UD9PKE0AORnigDgQ9K2QJZTXQGifBxUH-YBfafxzVP4RKqtj1JTACbSjju367eSSod/pubhtml

Ok, the way the link is originally it doesn’t send you directly to the page… I didn’t realize I had to omit a part of the full link.

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

We aren’t talking about instant satisfaction, it’s about time invested being AFK…which is different.

Example, you can log in now and do some attempt for Deathcharger’s Reins and then stop, rares that respawn every few hours are just being AFK until you do your daily attempt which sometimes won’t happend with your gameplay session and you consumed all your time waiting for your daily or weekly attempt. Besides that the attempt didn’t provide any progress because there’s not any sort of BLP like a currency drop for each attempt or as I mentioned before the attempt provided an increase % for the next attempt, similar to legendaries approach.

Shadowlands have some clear example of long term acquisition items but that doesn’t involve AFK time, example:

Predatory Plagueroc a mount drop from Gieger a construct that you can summon like a daily challenge, this one is pure RNG without any sort of BLP which could lead to an instant gratification for pure luck or years of grind but at least you can summon the encounter, do it 5mins of you gametime session and continue with your day.

5 Likes

Will this count towards one o’ them free mounts?

1 Like

This is such a tone deaf take. The drop rates are already bad but that’s not the issue and you know it.

The issue is that these mobs need to be reasonably soloable by all classes, and no I’m not talking about tanks grinding their face across their keyboards for 20 minutes.

Nobody cares that the drop rates alone are bad. Farming rare drops is part of the fun.

What we care about is being unable to actually have a reasonable chance in farming these things to begin with.

There’s already a “these rares won’t be up today” rotation. Now there’s a despawn timer on top of it, and the cherry on top is you still need groups to solo. So let’s try this again shall we?

1. Feedback has largely been “reduce the health and damage so we can solo these things reasonably.”

Blizzard’s response: Put the rares on a loot lockout, lie about buffing drop rates, don’t touch the health and damage, add despawn timers, and keep the “no rares in this zone for u today” rotation in.

Sure, they claimed for the second time recently to have increased drop rates, BUT THAT’S NOT THE POINT, especially if we can’t reasonably kill these things without posting Help Wanted signs four months in advance.

8 Likes