Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

The timing is sus

1 Like

Against my better judgement I came back on a different character to camp Invoq’s spawn. It’s been seven hours and I still haven’t seen him, nor have I been able to find a group on group finder (and I am refreshing it constantly).

This is the absolute worst. I’m “playing WoW,” by which I mean my character is standing on a rock and I push a button a couple times an hour to keep the game from booting me for being AFK. This is so much fun you guys!!!

Just mail everyone all the collectibles and delete all these rares officially. It already feels like they were removed from the game.

8 Likes

This is… extremely saddening and something I am going to post over in the CC. So let me just yoink this statement as a quote and shimmy on over there with this unfortunate news.

They’ve massively effed up and refuse to listen to feedback.

6 Likes

Almost as bad as advertising Comp Stomp in numerous places and not even putting it in the game.

7 Likes

this is criminal too

Every time I look at the calendar I cry.

But the post has been made and will likely be once again ignored. I feel like Blizz is personally collecting my disgust for some energy convertor or something.

2 Likes

I think you made an error in your post.

You said Forbidden Reach.

I have a feeling I should go bury my head in the sand before you respond to me…

Rav I see you typing. Don’t say it. Let me put my head in the sand first.

I did use Forbidden Reach because the reach was given the same treatment in the hotfix on the 22nd so it’s likely that whatever they did with Z.Caves they did with the Reach as well. Also micro edit: I responded to a thread that was actually started by a blue post.

Friend no! Suffocation by sand is such a sad way to go!

I CAN’T HEAR YOU MY EARS ARE FULL OF SAND LA LA LALALA

Me coming to dig you out of the sand.

3 Likes

To funnel players to more available rares so that random grouping up with like minded people is more likely.

If you have 15 rares up and see no one around, you’ll probably wander off.

If you see three rares up and have a few poeple clustering, now you got a party

All things said and done for me this evening though; I’m going to be talking about these dumb changes more on Friday in my stream. I just hope I don’t go 4 hours ranting about it like last stream cause I do want to talk about The War Within. :rofl:

Except we’ve now gotten word that the rares despawn after 15 minutes and don’t show up for almost 7 hours so… They just smashed a zone into pieces for no reason. There was already outrage over the first “hotfix” 6- almost 7 months ago which was what initially killed the zone. Now they’ve gone and made it worse. So theres really no reason to side with Blizz on this when we’ve all been saying that making them soloable/scaled to how many people wack it would fix the issue.

With that though I do need to be heading to bed lol.

4 Likes

I don’t like the fact that we’ve to test those drop rates/respawns and use third party websited likes wowhead for those % and those aren’t accuarate, if only Blizzard provided the %s… it could kill the immersion but it’s the player time being wasted. Or at least Devs should implement the same treatment that Legendaries are getting on which each attempt increase the drop % for your next kill.

Its really frustating that each attempt doesn’t matter for cosmetics, at the end if the drop rate % is 5 or 99 is the same, you get the item or not.

3 Likes

So I do want to comment on that portion. AFAIK, rares are on a 5-day rotation, so it’s possible Invoq isn’t supposed to be up at the moment.

…But given how 15 minute despawns happen, it’s quite literally almost impossible to know whether a rare is up in a rotation or not. So now you’re faced with sitting for hours waiting for a rare to spawn that’s supposed to spawn, or waiting for a rare to spawn that won’t spawn because it’s not in the rotation.

What a stupid situation all around and that further solidifies my earlier stance:

3 Likes

Oh, cool. So I wasted eight hours standing here and he isn’t even going to spawn for another four days? That’s awesome.

He spawned yesterday after three hours of camping. Had I known about the rotation I wouldn’t have wasted my entire day on this.

Man I hate this change. Very anti-player. And all for the illusion that this zone is more active than it is.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

@Reconbravo, Can you explain why are you happy with these changes?

I just wonder your approach to rewards as an aspirational goal, because rewards not matter if its cosmetic should be aspirational goals.

Continuing the discussion from Bad Luck Protection on Legendary Axe and How It Works:

Because, the rewards remain under pure RNG and some players will grind these items more that other players, the problem is that it doesn’t matter the drop %, the time for each attempt is just wasted without any sort of progression.

Why can’t we get a BLP like the legendaries? Evoker and now 2 Hand Axe have this system on which each attempt increase the drop %, It’ll remain under RNG but every attempt is progress and it keeps the enjoy of the drop because you don’t know the original drop rate and how much you advanced for your attempts.

Its not like using a currency that’s a more straight forward BLP system.

I can’t say for sure. I don’t know what Invoq’s spawn timer is. But I did some more digging. The five-day rotation is a thing I think, but most rares will be up 4 out of those 5 days, so my wording may have been off earlier. I’m a bit tired and my eyes suck at the moment, but here:

That explains how there’s 5 zones rares can be up in, but only 4 zones are active at a time. The stupidly overtuned Caldera zone is of course the only one that is always up. Otherwise the zones are up in a counter-clockwise rotation that moves every day.

Here’s where Invoq spawns:

So it looks like he spawns in the Aberrus zone. Have any other rares in that zone spawned today?

Assuming that rotation is still true, that can help I guess, but…going back to the earlier point, if rares are despawning, then how the hell is anyone supposed to know which zone isn’t spawning that day? The despawning mechanism is so damn counterintuitive.

x_x

1 Like

No, the Abberus zone was dead all day. I guess today was Glimmerogg because there were a lot of Aquifon and Viridian King spawns.

I’m devastated that I wasted my entire day camping a rare that was never going to spawn, but thanks for the information.

Silly me for thinking 15 minute despawns were overkill enough on making this drop a nightmare to get. Now I have to make sure I am checking the schedule before starting a grueling spawn camp.

2 Likes