Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

As long as the rares HP is balanced around the average zone population and has a proper zone wide warning that it will spawn soon or a shield after it spawns giving people a chance to get over to it in a acceptable time-frame then there is no need to make tedious and untested experimental changes that will only result in a worse overall result then the most obvious and clear solution to the issue. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I tried to solo one in my boomkin today and got swatted outside the cave.

1 Like

“No one’s killing these rares and it’s making us look retarded. Time to despawn those rares.”

1 Like

I honestly pray that with TWW that when our “Do X amount of Y” achievement data gets merged together for true account wide achievements that it will count ALL the X and Y across all our characters so we might be suprised to log in to a completed achievement during the first few days of TWW being live.

Although these achievements should have never had the amount of X count required to complete them as they do now. They are, like you said, literally impossible to complete as they are.

4 Likes

How do you know this to be true, given the wide variability of player populations on realms and realm clusters?

Is this happening?

What is that “obvious and clear solution to the issue”? It looks like Blizzard has decided they found the “obvious and clear solution” already.

What worse result is there than being unable to kill the rares because they require a strong group, and you’re the only one in the zone?

This is a very good point about future proofing the zone as the population drops (or, in this case, has already dropped significantly). Making rares more soloable is the best solution for the long term.

4 Likes
  • We recently found an issue that was causing zones like Zaralek Caverns to be underpopulated. We’re working on a hotfix for that, and once we’ve deployed the fix, you should start seeing more players and have an easier time finding others to group with.

Zaralek Caverns released on May 2nd. How did it take you 6 months to find this issue?? I literally said to myself 1 month after release “Ive never seen a major patch zone die this fast in the history of WoW”, was it just a bug this whole time?

• We’re planning to adjust the droprates of some rare cosmetics that come from these creatures. More details on that should be coming soon.

Again, collectors like myself struggled early on with these droprates & we told you about it. You refused to look into it.

Please stop with the “were listening” stuff because you only listen when threads like these get hundreds of comments.

12 Likes

I feel stupid for not knowing what a “murderball” is and why I’m supposed to love it.

Can someone explain?

your character is a murderball basically

means you kill things for fun in the game

murder hobo etc

You’re on the right track but a Murderball is actually what a group of Murder Hobos is called. Like a group of geese is called a gaggle.

I feel they create the zones with high population realms in mind because that should be the ideal for every realm. After the life-cycle of the zone has passed they should always do a balance pass to accommodate small group and solo players in mind. A simple HP nerf would suffice and solve this issue.

As long as a player has a warning when something will spawn then the biggest annoyance I have personally dealt with is solved, which is people using all there CD’s and destroying a rare in less then 30 seconds.

I believe blizzards intentions is to get more random players working together by having a focal point for people to gather, but I feel that’s what rare killing groups accomplish far better then this change would create. Having the leader call out each rare is what blizzard is trying to emulate with this change.

If anything there are far too many rares in these zones to begin with, and a lot of them are redundant and drop almost nothing of interest to most classes. They are not fun encounters either, usually just stuff players completely ignore. They are just loot pinatas, same as the world bosses, and pretty similar to a lot of encounters in LFR with some exceptions.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s a collection of random players all killing the same rare at the same time. It’s not something I enjoy or care about. I just want to kill the rare and get the rewards that I’m after.

It’s just so frustrating cuz there are like a dozen ways to improve the player experience for the most people with these rares, and Blizzard just doesn’t seem interested in actually solving it.

5 Likes

Ive allways been resto and balance druid since 15 years but this last expansion ive learn the tank spec and stayed in it non stop in the outside world because everything feels like either go tank or you gotta get a group. Sure i can techically solo these rare but i will have to stand there for 15 min and watch paint dry for a - 1 % chance on mount or whatever the droprate is for the other things i hear its awfull to

3 Likes

“You can solo them” is the most annoying reply I see. Yeah, I can, if I spend longer than an average heroic dungeon fighting without any mistakes, for a single-digit chance of being done.

Wasted time sucks. There’s so much I’d rather be doing in the game. Same goes for rares you have to kill mobs to spawn - fine, that’s fine, but don’t also put an invisible cooldown between spawns with no way of telling whether it’s active or not. That just leads to players wasting time for NO reason.

8 Likes

The funniest thing, and I mean this in an I’m crying this is so bad, to happen is when I made the post in the CC forums when the initial change happened and they claimed they boosted rare drop rates to compensate for the change when they flat out didnt.

I used Karokta as an example of the drop rates not having been boosted. They took Karokta and moved the zero on the drop % and that was it. It went for a .08% drop rate to a .5% drop rate. I’d never felt such a slap in the face when I literally used Kaorkta as an example for the entire zone of rares and they’re like “Karokta Only? I hear you loud and clear!”

9 Likes

I thought that same thing when I realized where it was posted.

1 Like

So they want the map to look less overwhelming and easier to find people for any given rare. Fair point and I appreciate the reply.

But it won’t make a difference in the long run because there will be no rares to kill because they all despawnd.

If they want to focus people to a few rares, just have them be in a rotating 15-30 min timer? Make it so over the course of an hour all the rare elites spawn and no one would ever have to wait to take at least something down. They can despawn if no one is there and then the new group pops up.

3 Likes

Didn’t see this before so I’ll talk about it now. (Ty Caelia for quoting it initially).

I am trying to bridge the gap between the GC and the CC by voicing the concerns from here and elsewhere. I can only do so much. I honestly wish they’d post it in both but for some reason I think they’re trying to shield themselves from being attacked by those that act like a rabid pack of wolves set lose on one white fluffy bunny.

9 Likes

I am sure this was done only to compliment hard core players.
Microsoft going to the dark side for no fun