Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

This guy gets it.

We recently found an issue that was causing zones like Zaralek Caverns to be underpopulated.

lmao

yeah, since basically a week after it was launched. the issue was just terrible gameplay and instead they’re just going to do fewer shards.

hilarious they’d frame it as some bug they just found instead of an inherent problem with the zone rewards

players simply wouldn’t come across other players who were looking to fight the same rare, even in Group Finder. Yesterday’s hotfix was a step that we’re taking to focus attention on fewer rares at a time and encourage the glorious murderballs that we all know and love.

Another sly cop out here. it was never ‘everyone is killing a different rare’ but more ‘nobody is here to kill anything’

Nobody is killing the rares because the zone is dead. blizz did not like the optics of zoning into an area and people realizing it was dead.

these ‘murder balls’ have basically never existed in ZC due to the lockouts they imposed shortly after the patch.

13 Likes

I also commented about how not everyone loves a “good ol murder ball” like they seemed to imply.

People who want to stay on dead realms do so because they can accomplish more than on a more lively full realm. Z.Caverns and Forbidden Reach destroyed their ability to rely on themselves because they don’t want to join the “good ol murder ball” that doesn’t need to exist in the first place if rares were easily soloable and spawned with more frequency.

8 Likes

the fact there doing that instead of making them legacy content so its easier for alts etc is just down right moronic.

8 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive

6 Likes

It’s great that it only took them six months to notice that ZC is dead in the water.

You know what they say!

Months of backlash makes the dreamwo-… wait that’s not how its supposed to go…

1 Like

Yeeeooppp. And if no one tags them within fifteen minutes or something, they just despawn. It’s derpy.

Thank you! You are a true man of the people

While I greatly appreciate Blizz responding to the feedback about this change, I am still not convinced.

As a mount collector, I am tired of having to afk camp for rares and then spend time trying to find people in group finder, which often I still can’t do for ZC rares. And now it’s being made more inconvenient and less accessible as there’s a time limit on how quickly I have to find someone to help me kill the rare before it despawns? I don’t care about “murderballs” for old content.

Just make the rares soloable. Reduce their HP and damage. Give me a reason to PLAY the game, I don’t want a worse way to have to camp and afk more for old, dead content.

If you’re going to proceed with this terrible change anyway, just significantly increase the drop rate. Not the standard “we increased the drop rate”, which always ends up being pitiful and unnoticeable, but a solid minimum 30%+ drop chance on all mounts, pets, cosmetics from these rares so we don’t have our time be disrespected any further.

10 Likes

For some reason, the “we’re listening to your feedback” post was put on the forum only 100 random players get to post on a year, so that’s very odd. I’ll have to put my feedback here instead and hope they actually see it.

Blizz, I appreciate you’re trying to fix the group experience for rares, but just make them soloable after 10 minutes of being up and remove the despawn timer, please.

No matter what you try to do to make other players come along to help, it just won’t work. These rares are on a four day loot lockout, there are fewer players than ever, there are dozens of group-mandatory outdoor tasks to do in the world, these zones are outdated and the only people who care at this point are collectors, many of whom are done. The pool of people who might want to kill specific rares is about as low as it can go, and you can’t even guarantee you’ll be online at the same time as one of them - and that flies in the face of respecting the player’s time.

Whether you’re waiting an hour for a rare spawn or waiting forty minutes for someone to join your group, that’s not engaging gameplay, and it is NOT respecting the player’s time. Just let players kill rares, roll the dice on getting what they want, and go off to play actual fun content.

Even with Emerald Dream’s improvements rares still suck. I spend three hours a day on my Druid camping/trying to kill mobs to spawn the customisation rares so I can see how unlucky I was and only THEN start doing what I want to do that day, because the drop rates are so low and the chances of just happening across the rares on my druid are so much lower than every day feels like an unmissible opportunity.

Please, just make Rares the way they worked in Argus or something similar.

10 Likes

Shall we also talk about all of the “Researchers Under Fire” achvs, that most require you to be in stage 8+ … but since no one ever does the event, you can never progress that far to get to “collecting boulders”, etc.

It’s just one failure after another…

5 Likes

That’s not what I was saying.

It’s not a case of an organized boycott. It’s a matter of a great many players becoming discouraged and giving up at the same time because of the same bad design issue. This has happened many times in the past. Well, I assume so, because after they have sworn up and down that they will never change some feature that players have predicted was going to be bad for the game, there are times that it is changed nonetheless.

There are complaints, and then there are complaints that are accompanied by mass unsubs. Think of cata dungeons and healer changes. Think of flight removal in wod. Think of all the people who said they weren’t having fun in Shadowlands, and who are saying right now they are bored.

Blizzard is getting faster at reacting to such player issues, but not consistently so. After all the complaints about how pathfinder was going to be requiring disabled people to play the game extensively without an accessibility feature that had been removed in order to earn that feature back, they removed the requirement for renown unexpectedly. People were saying, I’m done, I can’t do that, and they were saying it with their cash.

1 Like

As long as the rares HP is balanced around the average zone population and has a proper zone wide warning that it will spawn soon or a shield after it spawns giving people a chance to get over to it in a acceptable time-frame then there is no need to make tedious and untested experimental changes that will only result in a worse overall result then the most obvious and clear solution to the issue. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

I tried to solo one in my boomkin today and got swatted outside the cave.

1 Like

“No one’s killing these rares and it’s making us look retarded. Time to despawn those rares.”

1 Like

I honestly pray that with TWW that when our “Do X amount of Y” achievement data gets merged together for true account wide achievements that it will count ALL the X and Y across all our characters so we might be suprised to log in to a completed achievement during the first few days of TWW being live.

Although these achievements should have never had the amount of X count required to complete them as they do now. They are, like you said, literally impossible to complete as they are.

4 Likes

How do you know this to be true, given the wide variability of player populations on realms and realm clusters?

Is this happening?

What is that “obvious and clear solution to the issue”? It looks like Blizzard has decided they found the “obvious and clear solution” already.

What worse result is there than being unable to kill the rares because they require a strong group, and you’re the only one in the zone?

This is a very good point about future proofing the zone as the population drops (or, in this case, has already dropped significantly). Making rares more soloable is the best solution for the long term.

4 Likes