RIP Waterstrider 1 Week Left

I’d like to believe that, but so many times I’ve heard that “it’ll be fine when it goes live” but it wasn’t, that it’s only a guess.

I have never said I wanted my cute bug gone. I am in the keep the strider as is camp.

3 Likes

Yes ,you did,The only thing someone has to do is go through the forum to find it.

Shamans and DKs will be invincible.

It will be glorious.

Being serious for a second, it will be nice to see everyone using mounts other than water striders for a change.

My hunter got them BOTH in Legion, at the same time.

There were time gating Lulls, so she did insane things like get exalted with all panda reps, including Black Prince (well, almost all, still not with the one you can only raise in throne of thunder.) Then she got both water walking mounts, starting them at the same time (panda came first, of course, but WoD one was only a week and a half later, or so.)

I did it as much for getting two more mount numbers, as anything. So I’m not super salty.

I’m kind of more miffed that they did not do this, but leave the two striders with “native” water walking. Many people would still choose to use “water walking” with any mount, since that was the longtime request, but the rest of the users would not feel like this change was being shoved down their throat.

2 Likes

Kiwi never said anything like that. She has always been one of the strongest supporters of keeping the striders as is.
Perhaps you should try browsing through her numerous clearly articulated and well thought out posts some time.

4 Likes

Never matched with any of my transmog, ugly lookin mount, glad ta be rid of it.

/loads Goblin Decimating Explosive Ray Shotgun XT-1025r2

Time ta take ol’ bugsy out back, glad to be rid of the thing personally.

I worked every day for rep for my water strider. I like it. It was my main Legion mount until I completed Pathfinders. Sturdy little bug. Chitter chatter away!

1 Like

You are aware you can point the camera down and you wont take fall damage when entering water…

Then it would be used for literally everything.

2 Likes

“Literally”? Really? Anyway. There’s still no reason to remove the water walking ability from the WATERSTRIDER. Taking away what makes it unique is ridiculous. Having to waste an equipment slot on something it used to have passively makes no sense. They might as well make a new piece of equipment that allows any mount to fly and remove the actual flying mounts ability to fly without it.

8 Likes

Plot twist, the water walking item only works on the strider.

1 Like

Easily still one of the pointless changes ever, but Blizzard developers currently excel at making pointless changes atm

9 Likes

Oh man. Tears in my eyes now. I’m not even ashamed to say it.

I’ll be putting water walking on all my toons. I will then search for an add-on to hide the new mount equip interface, so I never have to look at it again.

2 Likes

Ok, that made me sad

OMG! I used to hit Path of Frost on my DK in that Coilfang Dungeon just as my guildies took the long jump into the water. It was glorious! They had a sense of humor about it though and realized I did it because of all the times they’d tea bag my rogue after I died from standing in stupid.

1 single instance of Resounding Protection on Azerite gear and this is not a problem in BFA.

Or just go Vengeance.

We still have the Grand Expedition Yak.

Transmog vendor anywhere.

1 Like

True, I use mine all the time :smiley: Just makes me sad as we go further and further from MoP. At least we have Zandalar

The crafted Water Walking items all require current mount equipment as reagents. Meaning your bardings will need to be consumed to make water shoes and no daze equipment. Which means that 9.0 will certainly have all new zone specific mount equipment going for thousands or more on the AH.

Nope. You slot 1 equipment item into your mount journal that then applies to all your mounts. Except the Sky Golem.

Hope you’ve got tons of gold since they are needed for 2 different pieces of mount equipment which is going to seriously limit their availability.