Rip Unholy dk pvp

• Necrotic Strike’s Necrotic Wound now absorbs 5% of the target’s maximum health in healing received (was 7%).

• The melee attack damage and attack speed of the Raise Abomination] guardian has been decreased by 30%.

• Developers’ notes: While Death Knight damage is underperforming in raid environments, they are very strong in PvP. To offset the increases to their base damage, we’re reducing the effectiveness of two very strong Honor Talents.

We’ll see how it goes as ilvl goes up, let’s hope not though.

I can see a lot of people going Frost though due to the buffs.

That sucks… but it’s not all bad news…

• Frost

• Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
  • Unholy

• Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
2 Likes

Where are these notes?

That’s a big nerf to Necrotic Strike, also to Abomination. But that’s typical Blizz, they overbuff and overnerf things. 6% Necrotic Strike would’ve been fine, 5% is makes Necrotic Strike VERY mediocre. The nerf to Abomination is ridiculous, so many teams either just kill it, cc it or root/slow and run away from it. Also the AI on Abomination is terrible as it often hits the wrong target thus going to waste.

The 5% overall dmg buff doesn’t come close to offsetting the nerfs to Necrotic Strike and Abomination. Very disappoint changes.

Rise of the FDK’s. Glad I swapped back this season.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-tuning-incoming-tuesday-august-13/247079

5% buff will be nice overall The talent nerfs I dont think will hurt us as much as people are thinking.

2 Likes

Don’t see how this will make THAT much of difference. The really good DKs will adapt and then the FOTM will go find something else :slight_smile:

1 Like