RIP Steve Harwell

With the passing of Smash Mouth’s Steve Harwell, they must add playable Ogres to the game to honor Steve Harwell and his son Shrek.

8 Likes

damn thats sad. love all star. rip steve

4 Likes

The years eventually stopped coming.

9 Likes

I saw that earlier.

5 Likes

he still had so much to do, so much to see

8 Likes

Enjoyed their music when I heard it. An unfortunate end for him and his family.

A solemn indicator though… Alcohol can be fun. Too much of it over too many years, is not going to go well.

3 Likes

:heart:

Yeah that was some serious stuff in the article. Over 10 litres of vodka nearly every day for at least 10 years. Wow.

Yeah, that’s really sad. I’m sure someone tried to help him, but it wasn’t alcohol that killed him. It was gluttony. May we all steer clear of our own vices. RIP, Steve.

1 Like

I had Astro Lounge and their 2001 Smashmouth album on CD and I’d listen to them a lot on the way to high school :frowning_face:

1 Like

:frowning_face:

If you actually read that then it’s a lie.

Even those with the strongest of iron livers would die from even one day of attempting this.

3 Likes

I feel for the guy but no Ogres, they’re still trying to figure out how to beat us at Exile’s Reach.

10L per day. Err… I could see per week alone being a problem.

A day? Seriously?

Sad.

I guess the world finally rolled him.

2 Likes

It goes fast. This ride is over before we know it.

3 Likes

Same here. Listening to them loop while cooking tonight in his honor.

4 Likes

He didn’t die of chronic liver failure, which is caused by this much alcohol.

He died of acute liver failure, which comes from drug use (generally illicit drugs), hepatitis, or heavy use of acetaminophen (in a short amount of time.)

Not sure if that’s accurate. I read he turned to alcohol after his 6-month-old died of cancer.

This poor girl can finally sleep safely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbo4SxdUKq0