Righteous Fury Bug

I went into stockades with a priest friend after a REALLY bad threat where I coudln’t hold aggro in bwl despite acutally DOUBLING caster dps on mobs. I rank up, gathered three mobs and cast rank 1 consecrate and had a priest just heal me a few times. Doing this it took 4 casts of flash heal to pull 1 mob off me. We ran out and zoned back in. I cast righteous fury and tried it with rank 1 consecrate again, pulled all 3 mobs on the first cast of ANYTHING. Their 5pc proc’d for t2 casting fade, and the enemies still stayed on them as well.

I decided maybe blizzard broke improved righteous fury, so I unlearned my talents, relearned JUST consecrate and repeated the test with righteous fury up. Same result, first cast to put the priest on the table pulled off regardless of how long they waited.

Righteous fury currently gives a NEGATIVE threat multiplier. Please fix.

Oh, and also, we noticed that sometimes bosses will start to cast their abilities in BWL(the 3 drakes) and then… just stop. Not do their abilities AT ALL.

I’ve been playing a lot of Paladin lately (currently level 41) and much of it has been with a friend of mine who plays a mage. Righteous Fury seems to work normally for me, often being the only thing allowing me to hold mobs.

Maybe it’s an issue with Righteous Fury paired with Consecrate specifically? Because it seems to work properly with both Seal of Righteousness and Seal of Command. I’m not high enough level yet to have Consecrate without respeccing so I can’t test that.

I did 800dmg with consecrate and they pulled with 50 threat worth of healing. It’s definitely bugged in some way.

What you’ve most likely encountered is an extremely rare bug in which you’re not properly registering on mob’s threat tables, such that as soon as somebody in your party/raid uses an ability that generates threat, you immediately get removed from the threat table, or you get reset.

It’s happened to be a few times at launch in BRD.

The most consistent workaround I’ve found for it is for everybody to leave the instance, have everybody drop the group and reset their instances, then reform the group and try the instance again.

Umm, X to doubt.