Right now Classic on a pvp server is unplayable

For those that are on a PvP server and cry about getting corpse camped anywhere at anytime by 1-40 ppl. You must not have played the first 3-4 years before they ruined the game. This is what pvp is. I get attacked by 5man alli teams might get lucky and take down 1 or 2 and then i call in some friends 5vs5 turns into 10vs5 which eventually turns into 40 vs 40 all out brawl which can last 6 hours. This is WoW. Not the crap that happened during&after WotLK.

I dont know how you ppl can stand to play Retail. I quit after the first 4 years when they destroyed world pvp. Put in flying mounts, so ppl were never “around”, put in graveyards everywhere, added guards everywhere. I dont enjoy pvp in a can, aka BGs. I like to stroll threw the lands killing every alli i see. lvl1-60, doesnt matter. I dont do it for honor, all I care about is pvp trinket and u get that first week. I care about killing the opposing faction.

PS: I spent the last 2 hours last night with a fellow rogue on my server killing every char that flew in, sailed in, walked into menithil harbor. from 20s-60s. It was a blast. Love that alli town with their low level guards. :wink:

This sums it up. Those who can play as they want, are happy. Those who are just paying a subscription to body hop are not. Once the player base shrink and ppl cancel subs, then nobody plays. Blizz dropped the ball again is all.

1 Like

classic started it the end of August. that means your toons are about four months old. would it really be that much of a hardship to start over on another server?

you can level on a pvp server you just have to be clever and creative about how you do it. but it sounds like you just want the game to change to suit you.

HOW MANY AREAS did you see 5 patrolling level 60s? If it was 10 areas, that is 60 Horde. It is not 20,000 Horde.

How many players are in your group? Nobody can solo on a PVP server. That’s ridiculous! Unless you grouped with 9 others, PVP servers are unplayable. Everyone knows that.

But that is you, not faction imbalance and not a Blizzard problem.

Look at all these try-hard, nolifers being so happy about wasting hours and hours of their lives ganking or getting ganked in unfair ( boring ) circumstances. Ya’ll very badass and hardcore. So here is the big frikkin mistake that Blizzard made:

Level 60s shouldn’t get honor from killing anything other than level 60s. There is a good reason why BG level ranges are 50-59 and 60. This whole unplayable situation is because these nerds are farming honor with their purple 60s on level 5x players. Why the hell did Blizzard create this situation? I’m a casual player, I don’t live inside WoW. When I play I try to focus on the fun stuff (which requires you level to 60) . Since phase 2 I’m getting ganked every 10 minutes while leveling (in any zone I go to) by the same lonely, nerds roaming around mindlessly like zombies so they can get their bloody trinkets! I haven’t fought my own level in days but every 10 minutes there is a tier 2 ganking me. This is NOT the point of PVP servers.

2 Likes

To the few interested in the topic, it did end up making me quit. My highest char being in a server where my faction is getting flypath camped in high level zone, there is simply too much struggle trying to reach level 60 because of this issue.

Who am I? Nobody cares and many of you will be very happy that I end up quitting for not ‘‘lul get good’’, ‘‘but this is the game, don’t like it don’t play it’’, ‘‘don’t play solo’’ just to name a few idiotic. No, it wasn’t like this 15 years ago I can certainly tell you that much you can stop with your bs.

It won’t matter to you that I quit, but it will create even more imbalance for my faction. And we were a group of 4. As soon as 1 of my friends decided he had enough of this, it created a chain reaction where another stopped playing, then me, then the last.

And that in the span of 2 weeks. ‘‘Oh but that’s fine you must suck at pvp go back to RP servers’’. Yea…nah, our mains were there, no re-rolling for us, we will go toward games that are a bit more enjoyable for us. Enjoy your ez honor and camp fest guys, we out!

On another note, if 4 of us indeed quit right as phase honor hit, can you image the actual numbers of people quitting or returning to retail? My 2 cents anyway.

Peace.

2 Likes

Hey mate, that really sucks. I’m sorry you weren’t able to enjoy yourself enough to stay. Rerolling takes a lot of time and effort, and it’s not for everyone.
Hopefully you can either find another game you and your friends enjoy, or at least come back to Classic when paid transfers are out.
Take care, buddy.

literally from release day til phase 2 release everybody was saying “get to 60 before phase 2 or you’ll regret it”
and here you are, regretting it.

1 Like

I’ve solo killed 1200 horde and i’m only level 48. I don’t think it is unplayable, but the 1200 horde I sent to hell might.

1 Like

I regret nothing!! pvp is fine. and fun. some people just gotta dig deep and accept it wasn’t the play style they wanted. Really, that’s not to be taken as an insult. Just be honest with yourself.

“All I want to do is quest, but I keep getting ganked!” …you picked the wrong server!

“All I want to do is gank and fight!”…you picked correctly!

I know, I know, “says the stealth class”! my alt is a prot warrior, prot from my very first level 10 talent point, (its not optimal, derr, but its fun anyway). 54 now! gets ganked constantly. but I give it as good as I get it when Im on my rogue :slight_smile:

Bottom line - do what you find fun! dont expect me not to stab you because you don’t think that’s fun. I just saw a PvP video on Skeram, to my knowledge a “horde dominated server”, and tomorrow I will be making an Alliance alt on Skeram cuz that PvP looked fun as heck!

Just my two cents, world pvp is not for everyone.