Right Click Report - Not Going Away

I’m all for RCR putting an auto-ignore on that character for you, for 24 hours, and if enough reports, putting a 3hr silence on the player outside of groups and PMs.

I’m not sure I’m ok with people mass reporting a player to get them removed (by auto-DC) from a WSG match for performance etc. If they’re spewing hate, silencing them works in a BG.

2 Likes

That stuff was always filtered out in classic.

Just so you know I’m a liberal, I support people’s right to voice their opinion even if it offends others.

I play on pservers, 0 moderation, there aren’t problems. Occasional trolls get bored. And no one acts offended either, because there’s no reward for crying about it.

8 Likes

I’d say Libertarian. Liberal colleges and political liberals aren’t exactly the bastions of free speech.

8 Likes

In stasi land, if you have nothing to hide you should hide nothing from fuhrer.

Exact same attitude as you are advocating. Guilty until proven innocent.

5 Likes

Nor am I.

RCR is like giving everyone a gun and telling them that they are the voice and the arm of justice.

18 Likes

We liberals used to be about freedom, I’m old enough to remember that. Today’s liberals are very anti freedom, it’s crazy to me. They are full speed going to repeat mistakes of the past.

15 Likes

Don’t even get me started about the whining about tanks on streets…,

I for one fully support having tanks on our roads purely so I can verify that we’d actually be able to fight on our own soil if we had to. Hearing all about how our infrastructure will crumble under their weight is pathetic.

4 Likes

Without posting a link because screw them. Several streamers have said they are being excluded from the auto-squelch/ban from right-click reporting.

So the rest of us plebs will be auto-banned, the streamers will be flagged and have behavior reviewed if they received a large amount of reports.

Hail Streamers. Protect them at all costs blizzard. They are better than the rest of us.

3 Likes

[citation needed]
I won’t hold my breath waiting.

Well this thread turned YIKES pretty quick.

Anyway I’m pretty sure most “public figures” will be excluded from reporting’s auto squelch, streamer or no. They likely get a lot of false reports simply out of name recognition.

Good thing none of those things are automated.

2 Likes

Take a good look at the rates of crime committed by those who legally concealed carry, give it some actual thought, and then get back to us.

1 Like

Your definition of abuse is not the universal truth. Same for me and everyone else. Thats the problem with rcr. It makes it too easy to report 2019 style. Welcome to World of Warcraft: The Triggering

8 Likes

Why not?

You need to back this claim of yours.

6 Likes

they are lying as there is no RCR active in the beta at all. and never was

1 Like

Pinocchio’s nose is growing.

1 Like

After reading all the posts and articles about how crucial the right-click report system is to Blizzard’s CS operations; I was almost 100% positive that the removal was just temporary.

Gold Spammers need to be kept in check, especially in Classic.

2 Likes

It was a thing in early beta, but I believe they’re talking about retail

by ‘active’ I mean attached to anything, it never was, its removal was an accident.