Right Click Report - Not Going Away

I don’t think anyone’s complaining about using the BFA raid frames instead of the vanilla ones, for instance.

4 Likes

Good to hear that right-click-report is staying in the game.

This is a great feature for cutting down on spam and abusive behavior.

Frankly the only people who should be opposed to right-click-report are spammers and the kind of irritating people who tend to get reported. If you behave courteously and don’t spam, you should not worry about being reported. The feature works great in Retail.

9 Likes

I am sure someone did. They complained about not having a DOT shadow under them :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally unsubstantiated rumor.

I’ve never heard of this happening to anyone ever. Never read complaints about this happening to anyone ever either.

2 Likes

Good, Every action has a consequence. you treat people like jerks, you get treated like a jerk.

3 Likes

Bing freeeaking GO

12 Likes

The only videos I’ve seen of it could easily be just a random disconnect at the right time.

Things that can be changed with addons are not an issue…
If they added modern version of clothing rack, or stats in the player window, or a multitude of other things blizzard stole from addon developers over the years…
It would not be an issue…

Yet blizzard seems to want to give Classic things that are terrible from the modern game… and leave in leeway because #nochanges when it will literally change the game from the way it was back then…

I am honestly believing in the theory that they want this to fail…

4 Likes

you’ll be waiting a long time since no one can ban you but a GM.

2 Likes

But don’t you know? If they do get a ban, the GM is in on the conspiracy to keep them down.

2 Likes

This is the problem with automated reporting/flagging systems, though. There is very rarely any real appeal process to them. They just scan for certain things or take reports at face value and then people suffer the consequences.

People in this game have already been engaging in this kind of behavior since like Cata especially. On one of my old servers - check my character lists and take a guess which one - people were raiding/doxxing people’s social media accounts for dirt to sling on the forums or in their community spheres of tumblr in the name of “Social Justice” when the reality was they made mountains out of mole hills 7/10 times and really the only reason they cared was because they wanted to de-legitimize every other guild on the server as being full of “fascists.”

I am so not interested in watching these people have the power to suspend people for days through mass reporting.

25 Likes

Yah some people go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far, that’s why I am glad I never streamed.

It has never been as huge a problem as it made out to be in all the years it has been in the game, will there be abuse? No doubt, I just do not believe it will be anywhere near as large as some are trying to make it.

There IS an appeal process. If you are innocent and persistence, IE, might have to appeal an appeal and not be a tard when talking to the GM, they will open the logs and look and possibly reverse it, unless it is a valid reporting.

I completely agree that it should not be abused. But taking it out gives far to much power to those who willingly abuse it.

1 Like

The problem is Blizzard will just use it like they do in BfA. Classic isn’t BfA. And the abuse of right click will be rampant and ruin the game for many. Have right click to report, but have it open the Report an Issue window. If someone wants to report the actions of another player he or she should have to explain it. Blanket warnings, silences, bans, etc will not work in Classic and will create more division.

18 Likes

Shouldn’t have to appeal someone who just got you spam suspended or silenced. That’s a bad system and a waste of a GM’s time.

20 Likes

So we should just sit there a listen to that crap they spew?

I said that report abuse needs to stop, and I do not feel its as BIG a deal as some use to argue this point.

It’s not a bad system and precisely in place to save GM’s time

If you appeal and it’s found out that a mass group rallied to do a false report then ya know what. Ban them and word will get around quick that there are consequences to false reporting.

5 Likes

IMO, leaving it in gives far too much power to those who will willingly abuse it.

17 Likes

I know man, and I respect your opinion.

I do like the consequence for false reporting because we will need something in place.

EDIT Also I might add, I am looking at this through a PVE or RP-PVE perspective. Where it might not get weaponized as much as on a PVP server. Just to clarify my viewpoint.

Report abuse requires a coordinated group. That alone makes it far less common, and less of a problem, than spam/bigotry in public chats.

No system is perfect. So just pointing out something CAN be abused is not enough; you must show that it is worse than alternatives.

3 Likes

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSS, the industry is filled with crybabies, why make it easier for them?

23 Likes