Right Click Camera movement broken

this issue has been pretty intermittent for the past while. I have done a bit of research on the forums and have tried everything that has been posted. mouse is razer naga 3 months old.
-Changed broswer accel to off in bnet app
-disabled max fps settings
-i did the rawmouse 1 script but i dont think it changed anything (SET ClipCursor “1”, is the last line in my WTF folder)
-Ive tried closing apps like razer game manager service. I have even deleted everything related to razer. set polling rate to 125
-disabled discord overlay

I have zero addons running as well. Am i missing something?

**Think i found the issue to be the mouse itself. Did the paint test with primary click set to right and I have multiple breaks in the line. Really didnt want it to be a 3 month old mouse.

2 Likes

I just want to reply to this and state that I feel like this is more than just your mouse. I only say that because after myself having the exact same issue and basically digging through year old plus threads that all offer the exact same answers, I can’t get anything to work.
I also ran the classic paint test, and have a few breaks in the line here and there but the issues i’m seeing in game would require my cursor to be fluttering in and out of a “clicked” state nonstop for several minutes.

Has anyone seen any real digging from the dev side of things for a solution or a cause that hasn’t been stated roughly 200 times already?

edit
Also, something that makes me HIGHLY doubt that it is just a mouse issue is the number of people that have not only confirmed this same issue with a broad array of devices, but also the fact that game ONLY has an issue detecting right clicks as a camera function.

I have never had any issues with right clicking any items for interaction.
I also can hold both left and right click down and walk forward/camera turn while walking forward, with literally zero stuttering and zero issues.

While I admit that it is possible for some (even possibly yours) issues to be caused by faulty, dirty, or broken switches on mice, it is just flatly impossible for it to be the cause of all of them.

1 Like

This is most definitely not an isolated issue. I’ve found numerous posts about it with a array of “solutions” so far none of which has worked. It’s so frustrating to now I’m ready to stop playing all together before i hulk smash keyboard during combat because i cant turn or look around.

I have tried disabling hardware acceleration in battle.net, I’ve changed polling rates of the mouse, different mice, different drivers, with and with out synapse 3, Disabled all addons and even reformatted my hard drive with fresh install of just windows and wow and it still occurs. Does not occur in any other game. It was happening in retail a little bit but its made classic unplayable.

It does seem to be graphics related in some way shape or form, shadows make it worse (cant turn them off entirely apparently though). Being in a build or cave is futile, open world is tolerable about half the time. I’m completely out of ideas.

Ive been dealing with this for weeks, tried disabling addons, deleteing WTF and cache. Uninstall reinstall. Disabling the advanced settings for browser acceleration on the blizz launcher.

I’m going crazy with this, I’m running into mobs in raids/dungeons. PvP is almost impossible when i just stop moving or turning. I use my mouse buttons to move foward not my keyboard so ill just stop all of a sudden or fidget. lol

Whats the deal… I’ve looked this up and found nothing promising. Its all over the internet though. This issue people have had with Warcraft.

Ive had this issue for a long time and I nailed it down to bartender being the issue. I reset my preset profile on bartender and it fixed the mouse issue!

started having this issue a few days after 8.3 patch day. i had it once before but went away when i disabled discord’s overlay. 2 years later after completely removing cache, interface, and wtf folders, changing polling rate of my mouse, disabling All startup programs, it wont go away this time.
more frustrating is it’s at random. things can be working fine for hours then all of a sudden everytime i go to turn the camera it’s clicking on every mob in the direction im dragging the mouse. making raid and m+ irritating instea dof un since im constantly clicking on other players or mobs while it’s fidgeting between holding and re-clicking everytime i try to look around preparing for a mechanic

edit: few days after raid itself launched, rather

Hi Tabletips

Are the FPS limiters enabled on the Menu > System > Advanced? If so disable

Let’s try adding this CVar to the Config file. Navigate to the Main Wow folder > Retail folder > WTF folder. Look for Config file. Open it with notepad. Copy/Paste this line at the bottom of the list of CVars:

SET rawMouseEnable “1”

Close notepad then “Save” changes when asked.

they’re both disabled and i tried setting raw mouse 0 or 1 didnt notice any difference. seems to be doing it less with enabling vertical sync but still there.
wish it would go away, but if not, then i’d rather it at be consistant or at least repeatble rather than happening at random, often times at most irritating times

These mouse issues pop up on a regular basis. They can be a pain to troubleshoot. Check this Windows setting.

Navigate to the main Wow folder - retail folder. Down near the bottom of the list is the Wow icon (W) icon.

Right click on the Wow icon. Select “Properties” at bottom of list. Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane.

At the bottom of that select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”.

Test this setting as well:

On Battle.net App under “Options” Go to Game Settings > General - scroll down then check that Hardware Acceleration is enabled. (If enabled try disabled)

yeah from all the “flickering mouse”, “stuttering mouse”, “fidgeting mouse”, “right click camera turn problem”, etc. results that come up from a search it seems liek a common uncommon problem.
bnet launcher was alreayd set to disable for hardware accel. will try the windows suggestion and see how things go after play testing it for a while

Try enabling hardware acceleration after you test the Windows Feature fix.

thinsg were fine last nite 3 or 4 hours playing without issue, login today and fidgeting again. nice :frowning:

Have you tried a different mouse. My mouse is currently dying itself - need to get to city for a new one.

havent got another mous enearby atm. doubting it’s the mouse anyways since no issues in any other games, even scribbling lines all over the screen in mspaint, there’s no skips holding click

You mention polling rate did you try adjusting it to lowest rate - 100 or 125 Hz is the lowest setting most have.

it was originally at 1000. i set to lowest, 125

Okay - to confirm you still see these issues at 125 Hz polling rate. What mouse software do you have.

just rechecked, still at 125. razer synapse

Let’s uninstall the Razer Synapse from Control Panel - Programs and Features. Test with Windows mouse drivers. You can reinstall the Synapse afterwards.

https://www2.razer.com/ap-en/store/software

unchanged :frowning: