RICOCHET ban wave

The sad part is they payin a sub for it too.

2 Likes

Those accounts have already been remade and are already in Warzone I bet. F2P games are a haven of cheaters because you can just create a new account. Destiny 2 actually has tried to battle it by forcing End game PvP, Trials of Osiris, to only be available to current expansion owners, but cheating is STILL a massive problem.

Someone willing to shell out hundreds for an aimbot will also be willing to buy whatever they need to regain access to the game.

maybe the answer is to flag logs so parses and raiderIO show *botted next to scores?

If players won’t stop, might as well log the results right?

That way all the other players know what they working with.

1 Like

No, that does not happen in Blizzard games. If you have an account penalty you know it and get an email about it. A Silence (no social game functions), Suspension, or Ban are very clearly communicated.

Blizzard does not shadow ban people.

In the past year or two Blizzard/Activision has moved to putting a phone number on the account, esp free to play games. That phone number needs to match your country of residence and it can’t be VOIP or something. Most burner phones won’t work either. That slows down the remaking of accounts. It does not stop it, but it has an impact of making it harder to keep creating free accounts each time they get banned. They run out of phone numbers/phones they have access to.

Yah, if they are willing to get a new phone/phone number they can do it but it does have an impact on some of the cheaters.

2 Likes

You mixed it up wrong.

I said bans happen here.

Ah, ok. Yeah I thought you meant they did shadow bans here which they def don’t do. They do publish a count of bans each month over in the Classic forums though.

This was the December totals for example.

Total Exploitative WoW Account Actions in December 2023: 270970

It does not include chat/advertising/naming account actions.

I wonder how many knew each other and how many were lone wolves.

That action here for rotation bots that was on reddit had cheaters crying on each other shoulder about how they “losing” parses. They was posting screenshots like they did something to be proud of.

1 Like

You have no way of knowing this. None.

And I’ve seen it happen. It happened to my husband. He absolutely did not do the thing he was accused of. I know this because I know what was on his computer.

1 Like

Ehm… I won’t comment on whatever happened to your husband because I believe something did happen but … A shadow ban is to limit someone to the extent of banning someone without letting them know it.

The fact that they were accused of something is a pretty strong indication that there was no shadow banning taking place. And it is relatively easy to figure out whether someone has been shadow banned or not actually.

Since the point of it is to make it appear like someone’s still able to engage normally but in reality has been, effectively, throttled. Which is something one can always test to see whether there is something implying that the “normal” gameplay is anything but normal in reality.

I have never encountered anyone who could back up that they had been limited or otherwise throttled like that in WoW. And to know that oneself or others have been, one kinda need evidence for it. What you are saying is, at most, that your husband received a false-positive to … something.

So you bought an expansion because of a ban wave in an entirely different game from an entirely different developer?

Lol this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen in a long time.

At first they didn’t tell us, for a week. Then it was for one thing then it was for another. I think we were told three different things and none of them were correct.

So if that’s not the definition of shadow banning, then fine, I don’t know what it means.

It isn’t.
Basically, having people not give you the right answer isn’t the definition of a shadow ban. That’s at most, confused people who don’t know what they are talking about trying to provide a reason or explanation.

A shadow ban would be to be allowed to play the game but have effectively no agency over your character or anything in-game that you otherwise would have agency over. All whilst being completely stonewalled for answers, if you even can ask or look for answers at that point.

So… yah a shadow ban is something very different and would have severe implications for the game if it was a thing happening in-game. As it stands, there’s nothing indicating it so there’s nothing to even insinuate that it’s a thing.

2 Likes

A shadow ban means that that disable some sort of game function without telling you. Like if they took away the ability to chat without notifying you about a Silence.

Blizzard does not Shadow ban people. They don’t suddenly discover they are doing no damage and it is because Blizzard secretly disabled damage as a punishment.

Not playing his account I hope. Because that is actually grounds for account penalties or account closure. If your husband got a notice telling him he was penalized then he was not Shadow banned. His account was outright penalized openly, which is what Blizzard does.

It literally means that you can log into the game and not realize portions of your game are disabled. That the player has zero notification of a penalty, and that it is hidden from them in secret ways.

For example, shadow banning is more common on social sites. If you were shadow banned on a forum it would mean they don’t tell you - but nobody else can see your posts which is why you never get a response when you post. Blizzard does not do that in game or on the forums. If they penalize someone, they actually send you a notice or provide a login notice.

3 Likes

Been a massive problem since day one, unfortunately.

I’m not smart enough to cheat so I don’t. And using scripts or some software to do it is asking for identity theft, key logging, or worse

Which brings up a past statement I made in another thread. When we as players were really good in BF and CoD, we knew the limits of what was possible.

A mod would ghost camera the player and recognize the snap auto-aim or wall hack. It was a daily and never ending occurrence

We had massive lists of banned cd keys

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :ocean:

2 Likes

I once got my friends Battlefield 2 (the OG Battlefield with Dragon Valley), key banned because I used an Auto Hot Key script to have perfect accuracy with the TV missile of a chopper by holding middle mouse button.

Every time I play with him, and the subject of cheating comes up, I apologize profusely lol. And since then, I have not used a single cheat or script or hack in anything other than single player games.

1 Like

Some have expressed life is unfair to them so they are unfair where they can. It’s not about winning, it’s about having power for a moment. At least in some gathered sense. You may have even heard some speedrunner cheaters for example express ‘they deserve it’ in regards to countless hours of no fruit.

I reward effort.

If you helped around the house, even if it was to help the old man down the street take out his trash cans and not ours, dad’s gonna reward your effort in some way.

I don’t expect you to understand why.
but I do expect you to be respectful please.

1 Like

Effort where?