Rhetorical Question: WoW Community Counsel

So, I’ve noticed that the WoW Community Counsel has a tab and it show cases thing they talk about. But we’re not allowed to comment on their suggestion… So why even bother allow us common folk to view this if we’re not allowed to comment. I’d rather have that area hidden, then allow one or a few of the Counsel members enter the common folk area and post a question based on the Counsel current topics. Just to get a feel of how the community feels about something the Counsel is discussing at that time.

You can react to posts to support them, and you can also take a quote or a link to a CC thread and post a discussion thread about it here.

They used to have hidden discussion areas between selected “elite” players and devs and that didn’t go super well. Having it all visible is better, even if they made the CC and then seem to have promptly forgotten about it.

2 Likes

here’s what I’d like to see… allow the Counsel to vote members in on specific topics as to get that players point of view. Let’s say the Counsel votes to allow one of us in to one of their topics. this would happen once a month each month and doesn’t mean we’ve been elected into the Counsel, just means they want to hear direct from whom ever they invite in.

That feels pretty pointless. If they want to hear from the unwashed masses they can just read the rest of the forums.

The (ostensible) point of the CC was to have representatives that can articulate themselves without the usual GD word vomit and bring issues that we have directly to developers. Unfortunately, since its inception there hasn’t been a ton of indication that those developers are listening any harder to the CC than they already weren’t to us.

2 Likes

so what’s stopping the cc only selecting their friends only every time or their alt

1 Like

right… I can’t say the Counsel is pointless… but seems to be lopsided.

I suspect it’s because people like to come in and derail threads frequently, thus they limit who can post. This limitation keeps the conversations more on track. Having topics entirely hidden definitely doesn’t lend to transparency. Lack of transparency kills trust, as normal players who are not on the CC feel left in the dark and snubbed. At least by having the opportunity to read the posts, we can see how content issues are being discussed and solutions are being developed. Whether we agree or not, we still can see the nuts and bolts of the road maps being laid out. Also, I’ve never really heard in the past couple years that much of what the CC discusses gets taken seriously, so uh… that’s a thing.

I honestly never read the CC forums unless someone links something from here onto GD.

3 Likes

Not to sound negative… but I’d be willing to bet the council gets shelved with all the layoffs going on…

1 Like

I’ve seen little of this. the CC typically brings their own issues up. which I suppose is just human nature.

I’d prefer there be no CC, because they certainly don’t represent me. I didn’t choose them nor do I have any faith that they care about issues with the game I care about.

4 Likes

See now Gaege… if I was to say something like this, my post would be flagged… glad you’ve take a risk to speak your mind.

Good sound post here folk keep it up.

1 Like

and most of the time the CC thread is just like our GD thread but with this

What? No you wouldn’t lol

He’s wrong anyways, there’s no reason for the layoffs to have anything to do with the CC. It’s not like those are blizzard employees.

1 Like

But they speak to Blizz employees… so that was the connection I made, that if the council has no one to speak to… I hope I’m wrong…

yeah goof…

1 Like

Accurate…

1 Like

Not really. They just make threads in their special forum, and a Blizzard employee occasionally deigns to address them.

If anything they’ll just be shouting into more of a void than before, but at a glance the people who typically respond in there didn’t get canned (yet).

3 Likes

the first CC we had good post on some changes we needed
this year is GD chat but super size

1 Like

Never looked at it, don’t actually care it’s there. Probably useless. Maybe not.

2 Likes

Put some clothes on…

I think what I’m concerned about is WHAT If the counsel is actually holding or predicting wow’s future and it isn’t the direction I or we want it to go. that’s why the counsel should rotate monthly.

1 Like