Rextroy at it again

But this time oneshotting the misconception that gear matters.

Of course I’m ok with his thought process on how gear should scale up not damage.

18 Likes

Seems to be in line with everything else from this expac.

11 Likes

Guy got his first meaningful achievements running something that was edging on exploitation (definitively a “clever use of game mechanic”). I’m not entirely sure why people take him as a PvP Autority now.

2 Likes

Light Bless rextroy and to hell with PvP scaling

1 Like

We don’t but he is showing why pvp is bad and gearing feels bad.

12 Likes

He’s showing evidence of a huge flaw in PvP systems?

6 Likes

Xpack has like 2 months left on it, anyone who remotely care about PvP is fully aware that BFA is complete trash in that aspect.

1 Like

You think Blizz will just let go of PvP scaling? No they won’t unless people are shown how terrible it is.

2 Likes

don’t really need to be an authority to point out that putting on better gear making you weaker is a bad thing.

EDIT: and since as far as we (I) know scaling isn’t being changed, so the same problems will persist in shadowlands.

11 Likes

Ok but he is bringing to light what we dont want to happen in Shadowlands. Just because the current expansion is ending doesnt mean blizzard will keep this same mistake style of scaling in shadowlands.

2 Likes

So far nothing nothing is pointing at exponential stat scaling or random procs doing 25-30% of your damage with not input on your part in Shadowlands. Ion commented on this already numerous times.

You are talking about corruption. We are talking about ilvl should matter.

If I rock full 475 gear I shouldnt be doing less damage if I was rocking full 465 as well as take less damage.

Did you watch the video at all?

2 Likes

On top of that no matter what item level you are you should know how strong your character is. If I get hit for 70k it should be 70k not 50k on my side or 100k on the attackers side.

This is a diagram Chris Kaleiinkei made in around I want to say early BFA (Great guy btw really interactive on twitter)

`https://i.imgur.com/ExTqI9T.jpg`

He states PVP scaling does not

• Make Lower ILVL gear better than High Level Gear
  • Make Lower level players stronger than high level players

However those are both untrue as of today.

6 Likes

I’m guessing it was one of the 800 employees who got fired so ion could have a bigger paycheck that was in charge of testing this bullsh* it system. Good job blizz.

1 Like

They need to revert to how things were.

Dude. He’s showing how game mechanics work, not saying he’s an authority on PvP. You can try it yourself. Add sockets to your gear and you’ll do less damage to and take more damage from other players. Even if you put versatility gems in the gear. Pretty great right?

Try and be less hard up to defend Blizzard.

11 Likes

Too bad Blizzard axed their Quality Assurance department to give Bobby Kot a pay raise.

People like Rextroy would be a great addition to it.

He seems like a decent guy, I wouldn’t wish a career at modern Blizzard on him.

5 Likes

You are committing the Genetic Fallacy. Your opinion of the source does not change the nature of the data they supply if said data is verified.

4 Likes

because he takes the time to do the math and show and prove, which from any reasonable perspective trumps your simple opinion.