Rework the professions in Dragonflight

Hitting 50 and then needing to scrounge for recipes is ridiculous. They need to do a fusion of new and old. Keep the new system with just being able to learn all the recipes from the profession master. Instead of needing to do reputation grinds to be able to get some and then dumb luck to get some others. The way it is now makes it impossible to level up since no one wants your crappy skill 50 and under things you can make. Public work orders are nonexistent and not a viable way to level up.

I get that needing to grind for recipes was a thing in the old days but come on. This is just ridiculous.

Final note: Make it so that you can “respec” your profession points. I’ve seen so many people just give up on even trying to get into professions because they don’t know where to put in their points and don’t want to mess it up permanently mixed with the things I mentioned above.

5 Likes

For people who have played a good chunk of time since launch, the skill point issue is mostly moot as those players would be mostly done with maxing out points by now and 10.1 didn’t add anything new in there to spend points on.

As far as I can remember, there was never a time where leveling crafting in WoW didn’t involve making stuff for scrap just to get the levels out of the way. Leveling professions in DF is about as easy as it has ever been, apart possibly from being stalled for a while if the specification you picked doesn’t have any remotely affordable recipes for leveling.

Yes, that part where you may be unable to continue leveling professions until you obtain enough rep to buy recipes, get lucky with recipe drops along with work orders for them or get enough points to unlock something else to level because you didn’t pick the leveling speedrun specs first sucks. My JC got stuck until I got a recipe from VotI on the first LFR week and a few levels from WOs to get it going again. Something probably needs to be done to smooth out things that feel like dead-ends.

On another of my characters, don’t remember which, I had to take a craft leveling pause for 20+ points to unlock the next craftable item I could get levels from and unlock the next spec.

From my experience, having a point catch-up system for new or returning players should smooth most of these issues out.

As for the random drop and rep recipes, if you didn’t get them early, most of the gold opportunities are dead and you don’t really need to bother with them.

I played at launch and then stopped for months because the story is very very…fine. Not good. Not bad. Just fine. I also didn’t mess with the crafting at that point mainly because of the whole “permanent points” thing. I wanted to wait until people found the most optimized stuff to put it in.

They should just do what I suggested before. It would honestly fix a lot of the problems and the overall apathy with the new profession systems.

2 Likes