Rework Ele

Honestly at this point Ele pretty much needs a full ground up rework. Talent tree is a mess. Builds are a mess. Builds end up wanting to avoid key abilities and spenders get heavily devalued (look at lvb dam on logs it’s uhh something) I feel bad for all my Ele brothers and sisters as an Enhance player. We keep getting good tweaks and refinements on a banger tree and they just get left to be miserable.

8 Likes

Honestly, I agree now.

They need to get over this Left vs Right, Lightning vs Fire thing they got going on. Its an Elementalist, not a Lightning Mage or Fire Mage, but an Elementalist; find a way to use the entire gamut of spells we have access to.

For the record, I am 100% on board for Lightning as the main force of Elemental (I’m just biased as I love lightning in any game) but this needs to be a spec that pulls all of the elements out. Sets need to amplify what makes Elemental unique from its other two specs:

Elementals.

Enhance has wolves, Resto has way more vivid totem-play, and Elemental… has summoning elementals.

Its time to focus on that niche. Multi-elemental spellplay with the ability to call upon elementals of all types to assist you.

7 Likes

fire ele should be a permanent pet at the same power level/effect as it is right now.

might make ele good enough to be brought to something lol

1 Like

I would say let it just be a pet with all 4 options. Lightning, Fire, Earth, or Water (you choose when you summon it, not all 4 at once). Each benefits the shaman in a personal way and buffs the group (nothing too crazy) to finally give Ele back something since apparently getting our damn buff totem back isn’t going to happen as its in the PvP realm for some reason.

I don’t really want a permanent pet. Having multiple elementals we can summon would be nice, but I don’t want a pet.

Elemental definitely needs some kind of party buff. It’s the only DPS spec that brings nothing.

I prefer elemental having a focus on lightning over fire. We already have fire mage and destro locks that I can play if I want to just do fire stuff. But in general elemental should at least try to use all 4 elements.

Elemental Blast sucks as a spender too. It removes our only single target earth spell and it just makes the entire rotation be 2 second cast time spells with no real break between them so it ends up feeling very same-y.

4 Likes

I agree with the no pet, I feel they should be duration summon with more options that buff.

The buff is a must, its beyond silly that we had one and they took it away and gave us nothing.

I also prefer lightning over fire because personal preference as well as what you mentioned. We have Fire Mage, Destro Lock, Ret Pal has heavy Fire influence now, and of course, Felfire (Lock/DH) but no one else uses lightning aside from Warrior to a slight extent.

I am a big fan of EB as its literally a multi-element shot but not a fan of losing that instant earth based spell (Earth Shock) in its place. If nothing else, it needs work.

6 Likes

I like EB, just not as a spender. Especially in the fire build where it’s weaker than just spamming Lava Burst.

I can agree to that. But that’s also a big symptom of Fire vs Lightning and making certain things just useless.

I would be okay with it not being a spender but instead simply a CD buff spell. Since, as we know, Elemental really lacks any big “oomph” CD ala Wings, Combustion, etc.

Stormkeeper is not close. Good, but not close. Elemental is the closest we got and its not that strong.

4 Likes

Elemental have the easiest theme for great stuff, yet have the most bizarre spell choices and rotation logic.

They need to implement that Plunderstorm spell to ele and make all elements rotational with big buffs to whatever element is up. That would make some really good tree choices and mixed buffs.

Imagine a rotation between those new looking elementals that you can define on your talent tree where summoning one of them buffs your spells and you rotation swaps with whatever is up at the moment. Big ST numbers and decent aoe on one ele and vice versa.

Could make earth ele buff earthquake/earthspike/themed totem/survivability. Lightning for huge aoe. Fire for massive ST. Frost for mixed dmg, just make a big mix of what to use and when, get rid of lava totem for the love of god.

Shocks could get a whole new thing for them with dif procs and mixed rotations.

The amount of crazy stuff that could be done is giant with ele shamans, but, blizzard never cares.

2 Likes

Spenders being weaker than builders need to be addressed first. That is horrible design.

Then Lava burst needs to be looked at. Over time lava burst has gone from a burst damage ability with a cooldown, to a medium damage ability that you hit frequently, all the way to where we are now which is a low damage ability that is an alternate spammable. Part of the issue is how high mastery scales, another is the introduction of primordial wave only favoring lava burst.

I’m not sure the spec needs a complete rework, there are still a lot of fun interactions in the talent tree like master of elements, surge of power, power of the maelstrom etc. You are incentivized to play around fire and nature…. But in the end lava burst spam wins. So maybe these synergistic talents need to be buffed.

1 Like

Honestly, Ele could be really cool if it did something like what Demo is getting with their cycling summoned demons, but for elementals.

Though, I think Ele is going to get a fair amount of work, if only because the Farseer hero talent is based on the set bonus Ele currently has, so that is likely getting worked into the talent tree in some way.

1 Like

They need to give ele a unique raid buff, that takes care of most of the issues. Enhance brings wf totem to a melee party and it pumps on its own right so it doesn’t have to be at the expense of reworked talents and better builds.

Maybe something along the lines of totem of wrath or a weaker version of the PvP talent skyfury? A small spells crit dmg bonus 5%?

1 Like

Ele used to give 5% spell crit back in the day. I wouldn’t be opposed to that.

1 Like

Just make Windfury 3% raid haste buff and remove the stupid totem melee groups try to get balanced around for a tiny bit more damage.

Every Shaman should simply bring WF, and it should give 3% haste, and be done with it.

3 Likes

I agree, but should also work like every other raid wide buff, at the start place the totem down and gives everyone a 60 minute buff, if someone dies you place another.

Totem can last 10 seconds, visually maybe add a little wind swirl around everyone when it’s placed to show they’ve received it (like every other raid buff visual) but the totem vanishes after 10 seconds but the duration lasts 60 minutes

1 Like

That sounds great! Very thematic and works fine for all. Like the shout from Battle Shout.

1 Like

Shaman has been my main ‘alt’ for the longest time and I love every spec it has. Enh, Ele and Resto. ALL are so fun to play imo.

But Ele needs some love. Im maining Ele this season ( fated so its fun to try something new!) and ive used it in the past seasons as an alt and honestly, it feels so clunky. Yes, LB’s are cool and throwing them out like a machine gun feels good. But outside of this the spec feels terrible :confused: icefury is so awkward and unfun and I hate how the spec makes you choose lightning or fire as a main way to do damage lol

I feel like the class fantasy for Ele shaman needs a proper look into.

I remember in MoP hoping that Ele would some day become kind of like the Avatar from Avatar The Last Airbender and that the show would somehow influence the spec abit considering its popularity and how but ever since I made my toon back in cata it hasnt left this " spam and let the mastery make everything go crazy" setting and it feels like its in dire need of a proper rework and reimagining.

Hell - Even Ascendance looks terrible lol. It looked bad back then - what are you even, some swamp monster?? I know youre supposed to be infused by the elements but it comes across as looking like a swamp monster with webbing lol I thought ascendance would at some point change but its remained this awkward monster. Why we haven’t had an update to make us look like Dathea where were floating within an elemental that consists of all 4 elements ( like the Avatar State heh ) is beyond me but I guess Shamans like the swamp monster look??

1 Like

Wrong.
There is only Enhance.
takes off shades

1 Like

A corrupted violation of the elements. It’s Dark Shamanism.

Why we as players have Ascendence to begin with is questionable. I’ve always hated it, especially when it’s been forced on the players to be used.

There was a brief moment of time where there was at least a glyph to change how it looks, but that was removed for some reason.

1 Like

There are some AWESOME ideas in here! Love hearing peoples different ideas. Thanks everyone for contributing and keep it up! The more ideas and feedback we put here the better!

Personally I’m a huge fan of the weaving styles. Ideally (for me) the core gameplay is using all element types to empower the others and the talents are used to determine what the “payoff” element is. I think that would be super cool!