Rework Animal Companion

Leaving aside the fact sometimes the pet bugs, randomly disappears, spawns in defensive mode when you have passive selected, etc. Some hunters may prefer having only 1 pet as class fantasy, but this talent is so busted (straight up like +30% dmg buff) that it’s impossible not to pick it.
The talent should instead be a selection node, something like:

• Animal Companion: You have 2 pets, deals 35% less damage, etc
  • One With the Beast: Your primary pet deals x% (balanced with animal companion) more damage
    If you wanna have two pets that’s cool, some of us would prefer to micromanage only 1 and not be gimped by it.
2 Likes

It’s funny because it’s not +30% but closer to 8% (which is still a lot but not nearly the same)

And having 2nd pet does make them do less damage each.

Either way, i think it should be a choice whether to have two pets or not without being gimped completely

You do ?
8% is decent, but not “gimped completely”

Let’s not get too technical here, it’s like saying Vanilla Survival wasn’t “gimped” because you could technically do some damage and technically kill some mobs. Any talent in any DPS class that said “Do 10% more damage overall” would be essentially mandatory for any build.

1 Like

10% dps sacrifice is enough to do any type of content where you’d care about “class fantasy” and more.

No reason why it couldn’t be a choice, just like frost mages could pick between increased frost spell damage or water elemental.

Because either 2 pets would do more dps and nothing would change, or 1 pet would do more dps and everyone would cry how blizzard is ruining their class fantasy of having multiple pets.

As an example the choice node between having 2 charges of KC vs Execute KC is something like 11%+ higher dmg and it’s not even a bm specific talent.

No one’s class fantasy is gonna be ruined, you can pick 2 pets if you want, that would be the point of it being a choice node. Like having two pets and playing transmog with your stable? Cool, go ahead. Just want to have the one pet to micromanage? Cool, here you go.

What if having one pet is higher dps and your class fantasy is to have multiple pets out ?

That’s why i said it should be balanced so that it’s mostly an aesthetic option

Mages used to have something like that in the old talent trees, first row i believe, where they could pick between frost elemental or frost spells doing x% more damage, something like that is what i believe could be done with animal companion

It’s not going to be balanced tho, like there’s never been a choice where you have 2 dps talents and they’re balanced against each other. In some situation something will be better, and other will be worse.

It’s a simple flat damage % tuning between both talents, i’m sure the devs can do it.

Wow is an endgame focused mmo
if you go into a high end m+ key choosing to lower your dps by 8% you will be kicked
yes there should be a choice node to have 1 or 2 pets

You don’t need 8% dps to times 20s.
There are no rewards above 20s.

If you want to push above 20s you can afford to sacrifice muh class fantasy / aesthetics for it.

1 Like

Do you know the playerbase you’re a part of?
people will kick you for not following the meta lmao, especialyl if you’re a dps which are a dime a dozen.

Why are you being so obtuse about people asking for a choice node?

Idk, i’ve done all 20s w/o any embles/flask/pot/runes which is > 8% and never got kicked.

And most ppl aren’t inspecting your talents past your spec choice.

1 Like

Instead of nerfing and essentially punishing BMs who like the pack fantasy of 2 pets, why not recommend giving a 1 pet buff like MM hunters Lone Wolf to make it more even.

Don’t bother with them, they’re just a conformist

1 Like