Rework and respond to the priest talent tree blizzard, you cowards

wasn’t legion/bfa spriest fun though? (Given you had 200% haste)

No. In fact it was the beginning of the end in Legion. Redesigning entire specs just to shoehorn them into the artifact weapon. Bad.

3 Likes

I kinda left behind my previous mains after that, so I can’t really argue against that :wink:

2 Likes

BFA shadowpriest was fun though. And it was its own playstyle that wasn’t another build and spend that we have now. And always having access to your voidform was great.

2 Likes

Voidform has been and always will be a meme.

I disagree. You feel great being in voidform, specially back when you got a huge amount of stats from azerite gear.

If anything is a meme is shadowform, being just a visual update.

2 Likes

Xal’Atath disagrees.

:confused: ?

BFA voidform had moments of greatness, it felt really good when everything was going great. It also was incredibly punishing for any mistake, any latency, or even just for getting targeted by mechanics. It was also really hard to balance between the top players and everyone else. I don’t really want to go back. I will say though that at least it had an ethos. We are left with the relics of that time with void form and insanity, I totally agree that they feel terrible and forced- it is a problem that our “spender” feels bad to cast.

1 Like

As someone who has worked in games, this isn’t really good feedback.

Feedback is identifying problems you have. Not coming up with specific solutions, nor reading too deeply into the issue. A clever designer takes feedback like ‘I really don’t like playing with X it feels bad for Y reason.’ and fixes that problem - it might require changing X, it might require fixing Y. It might be fixed by introducing B and C. There’s an infinite number of solutions to any given problem.

‘I liked Z more than X lmao’ isn’t useful if the reason they moved past Z is well documented. It’s just not actionable feedback. What a designer wants to know is why you liked Z. So that they can hopefully incorporate that feeling back into the game.

1 Like

It’s not the forums responsibility to help people who get paid good money to make games to …make games, pumpkin.

then… why do you bother to voice an opinion at all then if your not trying to help them? or are you just being generally annoying?

The forums are supposed to be a tool for the devs to collect feedback and for us to discuss said feedback.

Collecting that feedback and putting it to good use is a lot of work in itslef. So no matter what we’re not making their job easier. If they actually read the class forums, it’s a lot of work.

I could waste my time and give spell suggestions or tree suggestions, but you and I ultimately know that the devs have their own internal processes that they follow. They literally take forums rants and feedback as opinions only.

So yes I’m quite literally saying the devs ignore these types of threads and posts insofar not incorporating any new spell/idea.

Case in point, people made several #removevoidform threads at the end of BFA. They didn’t remove Void Form, just made it a CD.

Again, they’ll do what they need to in order to make priests suck.

Great reference.

Have you actually read the feedback posts? If you have, your reading comprehension is bad or you are being disingenuous.

There are many well-thought out posts that go well beyond “I don’t like this so plz change…”

2 Likes

In any other industry you’d be looked at like you are crazy. Only blizzard has the benefit of having a bunch of free quality control.

Imagine ordering a steak and then telling your waiter it was gross. Now the waiter looks at you and says “that’s not helpful could you be more specific. I need you to help the chef understand how to do better”

You’d rightly believe it’s your job to pay and the chef’s job to deliver a quality product. It is not the customer’s job to educate blizzard.

1 Like

Exactly. I say “bring back bubble disc”, and then immediately the meta-slaves and mythic raiders and high key runners come out of the woodworks to just compare their progress to mine.

How is that helpful? I just said I’d like bubble disc back. That’s feedback enough.

EDIT: I’m not going to name names either, but one of the posters who vehemently disagrees with me, DM’d me in game while I was running a +11 as Discipline the other day and got the auto response from DBM because we were on the boss. The player said, “oh…only +11? yet you spout off on the forums like you know what discipline’s deficits are”.

Absolutely childish.

Great, that’s not what I suggested you do. Feedback doesn’t help someone make something. It helps them improve it.

Whether you want to give feedback or not is your choice. But you’d claimed that saying you hate something and that they should ‘go back to the fun things’ is good feedback. It’s not, it’s just an opinion.