Revival Catalyst

I got the quest to open the catalyst today (though I thought it was suppose to be June 13th this happened?). I opened it, but I did not get the Renascent Shadowflame currency that is required. I thought that each character was suppose to get 1 when you open the catalyst? Was it not suppose to be opened today? Am I misunderstanding something?

6 Likes

I confirmed that reloading, and fully logging out and back in didnt work

1 Like

looks like the catalyst “opened” today but needs a week to charge up i guess.

8 Likes

I too think that this was the beginning of the vault openening and we charge 1 token per week and recieve it the following week.

The vault isn’t accepting s1 gear for mog for 0 charge cost, as they promised it would …

7 Likes

Promised? Didn’t they say they were working on that, and no given date for its functionality? Personally I don’t expect that to work til 10.1.5.

1 Like

looks like the quest just came out one week earlier than it was supposed to. not the only bug blizz is dealing with today.

Looks to be a fun Tuesday for them!

Seems more like a breadcrumb. Probably to alert players so they don’t cry in 2 weeks that they didn’t know the catalyst had gone live — if they somehow miss all the other alerts.

There’s no need for a “quest” this season. Charges accrue weekly w/o need to do anything.

1 Like

It also appears only champion gear can be used for that - so anyone who has wasted crests on veteran is going to be out of luck. They did this to the world content players last time - allow them to upgrade gear that will be useless for this, then they had to farm other gear again.

Aw man. Was looking forward to fixing my tier loadout. Next week, I guess.

since it isn’t a popup it is going to be easy enough to miss

1 Like

I think this.

This is really dumb game design. There shouldn’t have been a quest to go to the catalyst if you couldn’t actually use it.

10 Likes

it’s a breadcrumb quest, still doesn’t activate until the 13th
dunno why they’d open it like this tbh, gives the impression that it’s ready for business
and
it’s not lmao

5 Likes

You’re assuming this was intentional.

1 Like

You get a charge this week if you paid $20 extra for the headstart upgraded edition… oh wait wrong game

1 Like

For now…

3 Likes

Oh, well, good thing I didn’t do the quest yet. There appears to be no point until next week.

ah yes, truly a clever attempt at humor.

2 Likes

Just reminding us that they’re choosing to withhold something crucial with how powerful tier is for yet another week. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I mean many classes are ok without it, but…the power gain from it is kinda dumb in other cases.

Whew, ok I’m over it. Done ranting. Time to go turn a different game on.

6 Likes