Revival Catalyst using Wrong Currency

I went to use the Revival Catalyst in Dragonflight to get any missed tmogs before vendoring old gear in my alts bag. I wasn’t paying close attention and was surprised to see I couldn’t tmog the second item as I “didn’t have any charges” left. (This was gear that was made free of charge when the last season of DF came out). Dalaran Defender and last season gear correctly use the old charges (and I successfully upgraded this for the last season tier/tmog).

I no longer have the new TWW catalyst charge.

I do have a TWW tier item in bag, [Lightless Scavenger’s Taxidermy], that requires level 80, on my level 72 alt, and is item level 460…

1 Like

It would probably help to say what item you put in that used the wrong currency

As I said, I wasn’t really paying attention, but it was Skyless something for shoulders. [Blazing Dreamstalker’s Striders] (season 3, i463) also tries to use the catalyst charge, to create [Lightless Scavenger’s Footpads]

Edit: it would have been Skyless Epaulets - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com). Blue version from World Quests. It’s now Lightless Scavenger’s Taxidermy - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com) i460.

Edit #2. Also see that my L76 Monk can transform [Mystic Heron’s Hopeful Effigy] (DF Season 3, tier shoulders) into [Gatecrasher’s Enduring Effigy] i463 (TWW Season 1, tier shoulders), requires L80, i463, again using the new TWW charge currency. This shouldn’t be possible (at least during the current season).

I made a thread about this yesterday too. I tried catalyzing an old Season 2 DF piece for mog on my druid and it was asking for TWW Harmonized Silk charge to do it.

This can’t possibly be intended.