Revert the seed nerf NOW

thats very nice but its inaccurate. have contributed and gotten no reputation multiple times, confirmed by other players.

1 Like

No wonder I haven’t seen many doing them today.

It could be bugged then and probably is, since this entire game is a chaotic mess at the moment, but that’s what the hotfix said it did.

1 Like

Cold hard facts OP. What this team has taught us over the years is “exploit early, exploit often”

There is never any penalty for it.

Truly sad that those that “did what was unintended” get to keep their rep. I’m actually baffled at these constant fumbles myself. Toxic development for those with an actual life.

6 Likes

or running ICC 300 times and not getting Invincible…
and 300 isn’t that much in comparison to some people which is insane

… too late!

4 Likes

So did this nerf also change drake crest drop rates from the plants? Siting at 86/90 right now, haven’t gotten one in 30+ minutes. Ran of out of seeds so I’m wondering if crests are tied to seeds too.

What exploit?

1 Like

…you can use seeds to contribute to filling the bar as well, you know.

2 Likes

contributing dew and seeds still doesnt guarantee rep

Right?

10 char

Alliance: has 1 good racial
Horde players: Remove it! It’s not fair to US! REEEE!

its not even fair to other alliance players what

2 Likes

You do know that there are two ways to contribute right? On the left is a one time thing where you need to donate a seed of the same quality as the one planted. On the right is a repeatable 5 dewdrop one that improves the quality of the secondary rewards (primary rewards are from the seeds).

You do not have to be the first one to start the event to get the rep.

Are these not 100% drop? I think I got them on my first run?

They are not. They have a 0.001% drop chance on heroic and mythic SoO.

They were 20 rep a piece at 2500 per rank

Bro you don’t respect your own time if you’re out here doing 125 plants for 2 strp

1 Like

I only sorta realized this when the seed today gave like 20 rep? Seemed kinda low

To be fair, Reputation very seldom mattered beforehand to begin with. Diplomacy is one of those racials where is the atmosphere is playing to it, and reputation grinding actually matters, then Diplomacy is significantly stronger than most racials in terms of what it does, just it becomes useless after the fact. If you need an illustration as to why, see below.

It was a pretty big deal for people when it came to things like: Brood of Nozdormu (in this event it cut the amount of carapace fragments needed by 4200, which is pretty good considering the really good hive gives 3-4 a kill), Netherwing, Cata beta until they buffed tabards, Mists of Pandaria launch especially with the daily grind to get to the profession patterns worth a damn. Then about any time a new reputation is released and has some reward behind it people want, pathfinder is notorious for this when it has a rep grind that players haven’t finished or can’t yet.

I’ll say this right now though, I pursued Scarab Lord on a private server years ago before Classic came out, the amount of people I knew would be playing on the server alone dictated I rolled human upwards of almost an entire year in advance and even still it required a substantial amount of gold farm from the start, penny pinching throughout, and still a lot of effort from my guild to make that happen. I can tell you right now Diplomacy carried that grind otherwise I was not about to drop another 8-12k on fragments before the other guilds crowning their Scarab Lords finished their grinds just so I could keep in line.

Mind you, this is Classic numbers where 100g an hour was insane RNG for a rogue and absolutely unattainable until you had BWL gear to solo most BRD bosses for drops. Usually we pulled 30-50g unless we had a gathering profession to inflate our stealth run spoils. Sword weapon skill wasn’t even close to a consideration here because I was raiding as dagger. It was literally all that one racial, Diplomacy.

For what it is worth, Diplomacy definitely needs to be changed to something different if they’re going to decide reputations matter. Was a lot different in Vanilla when realistically only a very select handful of reputations mattered, and you got them from things players normally did to begin with. However it is large enough that guilds will deprio non-human rogues on tier loot in AQ40 because human rogues will be able to use theirs 1-2 weeks earlier than any other rogue assuming they don’t waste their insignias.

it only came out in Cataclysm.

players whined in firelands about it too.