Revert 50% azerite nerfs

Would make it more interesting especially considering all the dampener games lately. Honestly most traits weren’t OP but now many of them feel useless in arenas. Atleast revert the nerf down to 25% or something but 50% makes the new 5th ring we got this season 50% as fun.

10 Likes

Bad idea. Balance properly and not around RNG traits. Thanks!

4 Likes

Honestly, this falls more back onto blizzard with poor foresight into trait stacking.

If they had added more unique utilitarian traits. Then limited certain 1/3rd to appeqring on only oje slot (ex: mage wildfire only appearing on helm pieces) they could have made collecting for unique scenarios more attractive, and it would feel better getting additional rings to build put combos.

Power on indovidual traits would have been able to be better adjusted for full strength easier. And choices could be tougher.

But theyd have had to design more traits most likely. And rng would be 10x as frustrating. Potentially they could mitigate that by letting professions “modify” slots on armor… but ya know… they arent into that whole reforging thing.

:joy:

2 Likes

Buffing azerite traits is not the answer to dampening or making PvP more fun.

If they buffed azerite traits it would just lead to more stacking issues, not to mention they’d be buffing the healing traits too which would offset the dps gain. If they only nerfed the healing traits then it would just lead to more confusion on what’s nerfed and lead to healers wanting to take the dps traits instead of their healing ones. It would just be a big mess tbh.

Lol… revert it and a shaman stacking 3 pack spirit will run around you all day in GW and can’t be killed .

Agreed. It’s stuff like this that makes it a problem. However, health pools and item level is now tuned around having 6 primary traits, and we effectively get the effect of 3. So you have tournament matches in 50%+ dampening. Live games seem to also be like 1-3 goes per team, and if nothing dies early both teams are just trying to drag it into dampening.

Not every trait needed to be nerfed by 50% but some definitely don’t need to be 3-stackable at full strength. What the go-forward solution is, I don’t know. Looking at my class, here’s the most reasonable thought I have:

Compare focused fire/surging shots with in the rhythm. Ff and ss should definitely not be full strength, because they both essentially do the same thing and buff the same ability, which puts too much burst into a very short time. At 100% strength on the ptr, a double tap rapidfire would kill pretty much everything I tested against with 3/3 of both of those traits. However, in the rhythm is not really like that. It gives haste after rapidfire finishes, letting you get off aimed shots at 1.5-7 (if 3 stacked at 100%)for a few seconds after rapid fire. At 50% effectiveness, the haste is not really worth it because it’s not enough to make a big enough difference in what you’re able to get off in that time. Ideally in the rhythm is 100% effectiveness and things like focused and surging are either reduced or get diminishing returns when stacked.

Imo they were on the right track in the beginning when they were doing more targeted tuning to individual traits. The flat 50% nerf made output too low across the board. Maledict trinkets are your real kill opportunities and that’s not cool either.

Might have to just scrap the azerite system for pvp and make pvp chest/helm/shoulders give haste/mastery/crit/vers. Easier to balance meta and Nerf/buff classes that way.

1 Like

Just buff sustained damage for a lot of specs imo can bring down CD damage too.

Then buff other healers up as necessary minus resto druid.

Blanket Azerite change honestly wouldn’t even really do too much.

4 Likes

Feels good to be able to reply to something after a week ban

Removing dampening and changing all heals in the game to cost a large amount of mana, but to also heal for a lot more would be a good balance of non longevity games and longevity games.The whole concept of how they proportionize mana and heals is just flawed.Healers need to be able to all go OoM, but also have high output on healing without requiring dampening to determine that for people and the game.TBC had a good set of how games should look, people went OoM but also did sufficient amount of healing.They should just overhaul the every healing spec and throw dampening in the trash.

Also yeah, sustain damage needs to be A LOT higher from all classes, imo.

Their targeting nerfing was nuts … again for Pack Spirit they nerfed it 80 percent initially effectively killing the trait off …

What did you do ??

Just said someone was abusing there power nothing bad boom baned for 7 days

Well looks like some did abuse their power in banning you !! Lol

2 Likes

I’m cool with pack trait being useless. You shouldn’t be able to sit gw and passively outheal 2 DPS going ham on you.

Ok then don’t have it as a trait if it’s useless … give us something else .

1 Like

It’s not useless in pve and that’s what matters.

My hunter currently has 3 FF / 2 SS on live and they hardly feel like they make a difference. A double tap Rapid Fire currently does 30-40% hp at best, depending on armor type, assuming the ability isn’t interrupted. Was your testing on the PTR not including 50% nerfs?

I don’t have the traits yet but I want to test with 3 unerring, 1 FF, 1 SS, to see if maybe trueshot feels better with some more guaranteed crit on burst.

Rethum-Tichondrius is my hunter if you wanna take a peak. Played MM to 2k by 2nd week of this season but tanked to 1850 this weekend due to an unlucky queue session and counter comps.

1 Like

No that’s not the only thing that matters

Convince blizzard of that not me. I’m ok with the defensive azerite traits being useless anyway. Just more defensives when were too dampening