Returning pvp frost mage

What it do fam. I just came back to 10.2 after a 4-month hiatus. For frost mage pvp, is the 4 piece the way to go? I see some mages (like Venruki) running all mastery verse now? What’s the TLDR?

most frost mages are running 4 set cuz it’s good in arcane/fire but GS is meh in PvP

it’s not bad necessarily but frostbolt build is better so it wouldn’t shock me once conquest is uncapped you could see frost mage mains farming full conq sets no tier

if you do play GS you could prolly go full mastery thanks to the haste talent frost has but idk if that’s worth lmao just cuz someone like venruki plays it doesn’t mean it’s good could just mean he’s bored

Oooh what’s frostbolt build? Last season (when I palyed) Aeghis had a video that said frostbolt is basically terrible and not worth casting. Were there changes made I’m not aware of that make it worth casting again??

shattered frostbolts can hit 150k+ i’m pretty sure and they are fast casts, more reliable than GS, etc.

this is my build

BAEArSxcnei16P8xFL3rzzOyRKIJFlkkEJpQgIRERkEAAAJlEhkIJJikkkkEAAAAAAAAAQiA

Nah frost bolt still sucks for PvP, It all about bomb into gs into ray, so kinda have to play a spell cleave…. Destro, ele, boomy, dev, etc……
No clue how’s mages with no arena games are commenting on PvP…. I go in BGs and do top 3 dmg… means nada, BGs are meaningless….

It lame but best way to win a ss is kick a heals when u have a precog proc and flurry ray kill target.

1 Like

Bomb into GS into ray is the goated combo (with a flurry thrown in after the bomb to get that triple shatter). But with every class have multiple kicks on short timers, I don’t know if I’ve ever pulled that combo off more than once every 100 rounds in solo shuffle xD

Play with a sp, boomy or destro, you won’t get focused as much, I play double frost mage 2s, prob 2000 games, one of us gets it off multiple times a game……

And discs die in openers with snowdrift… and can farm warriors….

1 Like

I’m mostly a solo shuffle andy

Yeah, need precog into ray to win ss, or just live while teammate lands a kill off your cs…. Plenty off ss games where ring of fire is my #1, kinda lame, lancing was much better last season…

This hurts, and it’s so true. I think half my wins are from landing a sheep, CS, DB, and blast way to prevent any heals while my teammate kills the target. I’d gladly give some of this up for more sustained damage!

1 Like