Returning Players and Recruit-A-Friend

Recruit A Friend has always been a great way to incentivize bringing fresh eyes to the game and now incentivizing players to reach out to veteran players to return is a great and welcome addition as well! However the requirements that a long unsubbed players needs to meet to be eligible for the program is an entire year. I, as well as a few of my other community members and fellow players, feel like this is too long of a requirement.

A while back there was a notable and quite damaging bug that popped up, was confirmed, but never addressed with a fix for those affected. I’m talking about a glitch that removed people from a Recruiters list of Recruited, some of these being active, without their knowledge until they noticed that they were no longer receiving rewards based on the time subbed from those they recruited. I was one of these affected having made a 2nd account that I actively subscribed to for the initial run. But since this 2nd account was removed due to this bug I am forced to unsub for an entire year just to be eligible to re-recruit them to my main account.

I propose greatly reducing, if not halving the amount of time required for a veteran player to return under the RAF program via an invite from a recruiter. Similar games who have “Invite Players to Return” programs have 3-6 months of inactivity before a returner is eligible to be invited. I’d like to see a similar notion adopted.

3 Likes

I second this. Even though I have a dormant account that could fall under the current rules, it feels like a year is a near insurmountable time to catch up for folks trying to return to the game after a hiatus, especially with the attempts at making expansions every other year or so.

2 Likes

I third this.

I was also affected by the bug that removed my secondary account from my list of people recruited. Weird how they never seemed to be able to fix that issue.

The RAF time limitation shouldn’t exist. If a friend of mine leaves, and I recruit them to come back and they pay to play for a period of time then the system should work in that case. I brought a player back, and we’re playing and both receiving rewards for me having brought them back.

2 Likes

I feel the Recruiting of an inactive account time limitation should exist but not be as extensive as it is now. 3 Months is a perfect time frame for an account to be inactive and be eligible to be recruited via RAF.

Similar games, as I’ve mentioned, have mostly had the 3 months of inactivity before an account is eligible for return bonuses when invited back by a fellow player. While I’d much like to be able to re-add my 2nd account back to my recruited friends menu, I feel like maintaining some limitations might be required to keep the system balanced and bug free and to prevent an overload of requests having to be processed after someone was reinvited back to the game after being unsubbed for a single day.

1 Like

You are making me think of Scroll of Ressurection (SoR) which was used as a service for a while. Could be a cool thing to see added again, as a way to welcome people back home easier.

Current subscribers could offer SoR to accounts that has been inactive for 3, 6 months or more. The returning account would get some game-time (7-14 days tops) and the one who sent the SoR would unlock a reward after X amount of revivals.

2 Likes

As an OG scroll of resurrection mount owner I think SoR should be reintroduced but as like a seasonal addition. Say like start an SoR campaign in the Spring until Summer comes, then in the Fall start it again until Winter.

As for if there are unique rewards like a mount or a pet I would not change them for at least 4 years and maybe after another 4 years of the previous rewards retirement, add them to the trading post for those that weren’t able to utilize the program at the time.

I would agree with the 4 years but the new RAF is 6 month terms, and not 12 like the old one.

Considering that the previous RAF rewards were around for about 4 years, I’d assume the 6 month term would also be around for the same amount of time before a new cycle of rewards might move in.

Naw. I meant, previous RAF was 12 months, so, lasting 4+ years was fine, the new is 6 months, so listing 4+ years might be a little over the top.

This would be cool. I have a few folks I met this past weekend who talked about popping back to check things out, and a week to two weeks would be a good way to do so.

1 Like