Returning player

HI all,

It’s been well over a year since i played, i quit at Legion, so i skipped BFA and have no idea what is going on, how to resume. thinking i may purchase shadowlands but I’ll see. very time poor now so could really only do an hour or 2 at night, but that’s okay I’m not after the best loot, just solo questing and maybe the odd dungeon. i have one of every class but i was never good at any of them, never a tank nor a healer a dps i could do but if someone was going to die first it was always me lol. so what’s the best class now, like i said a few quests, solo content odd dungeon, not mythic etc just run of the mill casual game play.

If you only want to dps, I would give hunter and warlock a try. Hunters are one of the best solo classes because you get a tank pet that you can heal. You get three dps specs so lots of variety and loads of pets. I haven’t played hunter since the changes, but they have historically been one of the easier classes to play.

Warlocks are also great solo with tank pets and heals, and you get three dps specs. I’d give both a try. See the icy veins class guides for rotations and talents.

Some good general info in this thread. Also, you will be able queue for the easiest LFR raid difficulty they don’t boot people for poor performance.

If you don’t have an MMO mouse with side buttons, the Logitech g600 is cheap on amazon and it will improve performance. It has 12 side buttons. This allows you use all your instant skills with mouse buttons so you don’t have to take your fingers off move keys.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/returning-player-12-years/692557

I’d second a hunter or a warlock. Lots of up time for both. They can just burn through mobs and content. BM Hunter is highly mobile and can do a lot on the run.Warlock is more a turret style of play.
Both level quickly.

Mage is also a good alternative. Particularly if you AoE farm. I infrequently need to eat between big pulls as a Frost Mage but the ability to portal all over the expansions saves a lot of travel time.

Having a lot of fun leveling an Outlaw rogue in the prepatch as well. They seem to be in a good place so far.