Returning Player

Hey peeps, returning from a very long break from wow. Skipped all of last xpac, and played a tiny tiny bit of DF when it first came out.

Looking to get back into things for TWW, and decided to pick up Evoker because it sounds shaman (my favorite themed class) is still being neglected to heck by blizzard as per usual.

Just logged in today and I honestly have no idea where to start. Feels overwhelming with the amount of stuff on the map. Is there a catchup questline or any direction any kind folk can give me? Thanks in advance!

Looking you up on the armory, it seems you completed the levelling campaign and got to 70 on another class? and opened world quests?

If that’s correct, you can level to 70 on your Evoker any way you want - dungeons, world quests, regular quests, whatever. All you want is the XP.

Mostly, you just want to ignore the distractions and decide how you wantto spend your time getting to 70

There is no specific catch-up levelling method. You can start questing in any zone - I favor Azure Span, with the quest starting at Forkriver Crossing. You can just queue for dungeons. Some world quests give decent gear as well as XP.

You can safely ignore everything else - you just want to hit 70. At 70, there will likely be some reasonably cheap ilevel 400+ gear at the AH. Your existing 70 can farm the Dreamsurge quest and Coalescence in general - each 100 Coalescence gets you an account-wide token for a piece of 454 gear.

At 70, the quest Aiding The Accord at the fountain in Valdrakken will give you some things to complete for ilevel 480 pieces.

I’m sure there will be a pre-patch event (starting early August?) that gives you good gear - there always is.

1 Like

Yeah I did level my shaman and a few alts to 70 in the beginning of the xpac.

Good to know I can just do whatever to 70. I thought I’d have to run through all the campaign quests or something to get to the most recent content.

Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

This is for Boneboyzz!

Boneboyzz

If you’ve returned to World of Warcraft after a long absence, you may need to refresh >your character stats. To do so:

1- Select the realm your characters were on, on the character select screen.

2- Create a new character on that realm to refresh your character list.

3- Exit the game and delete your Battle.net Cache folder.

A corrupted cache folder can cause issues with some Blizzard games. Deleting this folder will not affect your game data and may resolve issues caused by outdated files.

Windows

1. Close open Blizzard programs.
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab.
  4. If agent.exe is running—or Blizzard Update Agent in Windows 10—select it and click End Process.
  5. Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
  6. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  7. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter.
  8. If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete.
  9. Restart the Battle.net desktop app and relaunch the game.