Returning Player Looking For Some Advice

I coming back after a good 7 year hiatus from the game and I need some advice. I’m a lvl 83 Tauren Tank Warrior and was wondering what areas are the best for to grind out some quests to get used to things again. Also what’s a good Dungeon for me at this level so I don’t make a gigantic fool of myself when I go in. Thanks for your guys help!

Hi Rahard,

Welcome back from a very long hiatus! As you can probably tell A LOT has changed. Especially the leveling process.

With recent changes, zones are now scaled and you can choose where you want to go, rather than having to stick to expansion specific level locks. Here’s what it looks like:

• 1-60 is Vanilla content.
  • 60-80 you can choose between Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King.
  • 80-90 you can choose between Cataclysm or Mists of Pandaria.
  • 90-100 is Warlords of Draenor.
  • 100-110 is Legion.
  • 110-120 is the current Battle for Azeroth.

In your case, Cataclysm is better, in my opinion, since the quests are much more linear and will provide faster leveling. Mists can work as well, if you want more of a relaxed/scenic experience.

In regards to dungeons, you should check the Looking for Group tool to see exactly what dungeons are available in your queue. Use the dungeon journal to read a bit about each of those dungeons and perhaps watch a video on them. You pretty much just need to get in and do it to get a better feel for it. When you queue up and get in, just let everyone know that you’re returning.

Unfortunately, with the state of the game and the ability to essentially smack through a dungeon with heirlooms, you’ll end up seeing a lot of groups who will kick you or just rush it so you won’t get a good feel for it.

I would recommend looking through the guild recruitment tab in-game or on the forums for a guild that welcomes returning players in a casual, friendly, social and leveling guild. Guilds will always have people willing to run/work with you, rather than flying solo.

This really isn’t the case since they added level scaling. They changed heirlooms to be more equivalent to greens, so they don’t let people overpower stuff. They also buffed up mom hitpoints, so things in dungeons don’t die instantly while leveling. I’d start off as DPS though, as people will expect a tank to know the pulls in the dungeon. So, get familiar with the layout before you try and tank it.

1 Like