Returning player looking for help/casual guild

Let me start with a little background first. I am a returning player after roughly 8 years or so. A friend of mine committed suicide about a year ago and he was the one that got me to play WoW in the first place. With the anniversary of his death coming around I was thinking about the fun we used to have playing this game and it made me download it just to see if my characters were still there. Sure enough they were and with the ability to play up to lvl 20 without paying anything I decided to give it a shot and roughly 2 days later I resubscribed.
Unfortunately however I am having a hell of a time finding just a casual guild to join. Looking casual as I am still acclimating myself to what the game is now. It is rather slow going and a little frustrating. I queue for dungeons but feel bad because my dps is horrendous (still figuring out why) and with the LFG no one really speaks as they just seem to burn through as quickly as possible.
Long story short (impossible at this point) is there a good resource or better yet a good guild on Vek that someone can recommend?

P.S. If anyone remembers the shadow priest seniom on the server that is my friend that got me into wow…would be awesome to run into someone that remembers him.

Did you find anything? It seems I’m in a similar boat as you. It’s kind of a ghost town as far as people actually socializing. I used to raid hardcore and was an active part of my guild with friends I had played with for years and friends I knew in real life. I stopped playing when things go overwhelming in college but years later I’m back and I feel like an elderly person using an iPhone for the first time.
Ok, not THAT bad.
I’m sorry to hear about your friend but I hope you are able to make new wow memories for them to look down on and get a chuckle from.

Same here all I hear is crickets. There is a lot to learn and do. And a guild would make it easier and fun. I’ve been gone 5 years and there’s so much to do! Be fun doing it with people.