Returning Player Looking For Community

I hope you all are well!

At the risk of launching into something heavy entirely too early, I have had a pretty severe relapse of anxiety and depression and both my wife and therapist recommended that I return to WoW to avoid catastrophizing/rumination. I have always had a positive impression of the Moon Guard community (I once met Alice Dawford, I think her name was, some time ago, who was incredibly welcoming) and have now resolved to make it my home. I have never met so many kind people through the medium of the internet, and now seems a good time to seek that out.

I would love to break into role playing and consider myself an at least decently imaginative spirit, but as one might expect there is a rather large barrier to that when you are contending with what I am contending with mentally/emotionally. Aside from that, I really enjoy healing and would appreciate the opportunity to get better in both PvE and PvP contexts.

All of that to say, I am extremely interested in joining a guild or community of players who are pretty laid back and with whom I can just have a good time.

All the best to all of you!

4 Likes

Welcome back, there are a number of active guilds around that will no doubt be happy to include you in their community.

1 Like

Welcome! I don’t know if you’re entirely an Alliance player or entirely a Horde player, but it doesn’t matter. For Alliance, the most active RP areas are the Mage district and the Cathedral district. Mage district seems to have more in the way of walk-up RP, and Cathedral district as active Military-style guilds that recruit.

For Horde, our RP community is small, but very close. Don’t discount it based on the numbers! We mostly RP on the porch of The Wyvern’s Tail in the Valley of Honor. We have a number of active Horde based guilds, and also some Neutral ones, such as the Argent Advance, which roleplays as a unit of the Argent Crusade based out of Orgrimmar. The Horde community puts together a number of server events that bring the guilds together for larger campaigns, and these try to have options for tried and true Horde and Argents or other neutrals alike.

Either way, welcome to the Moon Guard Community!

Regards,
Halandor (H)
Revenwyn (A)

2 Likes

Welcome back! You will find the community on Moon Guard a lovely place! Both Horde and Alliance side have some pretty amazing guilds many I can recommend!

If navy RP is something you would be interested in (not always ships!) or a Kul Tiran based guild I would like to direct you to our recruitment page! - We have a budding community that spans across different games such as ESO and a few dotted in FFXIV! We also host OOC game nights most recently being Among us and tomorrow we will be hosting Jackbox!

I 100% recommend both horde guilds who have posted here. Argent Advance is full of lovely amazing people. And I hear fantastic things of Undercity Nexus all the time!

Thank you for all of the responses!

Honestly, naval RP is right up my alley. Prior to becoming a speech pathologist my undergraduate research was in history with a particular focus on maritime cultures (as you say, not always ships!) That may be something I look into, especially if you all are prepared to deal with my bumbling foray into the RPing world.

Thank you all for the kind reception!

2 Likes