Returning Player: I don't see anyone

I had a level 80 hunter that I never progressed with. Actually I left the game a couple weeks after WotLK Classic launched. Coming back I find my server was dead and had a free transfer. My choices were Locked or Medium population. I switched to medium pop Whitemane. It seems extremely quiet. I have never played WoW on such a quiet server and it worries me that it’s playable or not. The first thing I did was check the auction. No level 80 weapons or armor. No titanium. I’m confused now. It seems like I got a free transfer to another almost dead server. I came back to prepare for Cataclysm and it looks practically unplayable. Not even sure what question to ask. Do I just play alone and hope it all works itself out soon?

1 Like

Whitemane is a Horde server, sounds like you are on the wrong side

1 Like

AFAIK, there are very few Alliance left on Whitemane. There may be a small revival happening for Cata Classic, but it has been an almost completely Horde server since around Phase 2 of TBC Classic.

IDK what the plans are for Whitemane, but one of the game producers mentioned a possible merging of Benediction and Faerlina who have similarly lopsided populations.

1 Like

So maybe I can find a cross faction auction and just build my hunter through group finder. Hopefully it will work out.

If you have just recently transferred, like within the past 24 hours, you may wish to open a ticket or post on the Customer Support forums. I’m not sure anyone would be able to help you, but if they could revert the transfer, you could maybe take a new free transfer to Benediction, which is the one majorly Alliance server among the PVP destination servers Faerlina (Horde), Benediction (Alliance), and Whitemane (Horde).

Hope so!

1 Like

It’s will try. I haven’t been here much more than 24 hours.

1 Like