Returning player, help with Threat Plates?

I’ve just come back to the game after essentially a three year break (yay baby!) and I’m trying to remake a functional UI after a fresh install and zero addons.

The first problem I’ve had so far has been with Threat Plates. I got it all configured on my main, but when I swapped to an alt to load the settings…nothing happened. I tried reloading the UI, relogging completely, and even restarting my computer. I tried copying from my main’s profile, setting my main’s profile to the default and using that on the alt, and even using the export string on my main and manually importing it on the alt. Nothing. Will. Work.

I really don’t want to have to set up Threat Plates individually on every character, so I’m here to ask for help. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m doing wrong, but I haven’t had any issues like this with Bartender or Prat, those work like a charm identically on all of my characters…but not Threat Plates.

EDIT: Adding that a friend just installed Threat Plates to help me troubleshoot, and they’re having the same issue. Can’t get saved settings to load on an alt. They hilariously said they made their target bar take up half the screen so it would be obvious, and it didn’t change when they tried to get it to load the profile on a different character.

Open an issue with their devs https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/tidy-plates-threat-plates/issues

Done, thanks!

Hopefully it gets resolved soon, or someone can help me find a workaround so I can get to leveling some alts asap!

Workaround would be to switch to Plater

tidy plates is not bad too…enemy name plates change color when you have or don’t have threat…pretty handy for tanking

Did you ever figure this out???

This is from 4 years ago and loading/copying existing profiles works fine. If it doesn’t, use the export/import profile options.