Returning player - dracthyr model and animations feedback

Honestly, I get it. I really like the look of my dracthyr but some of the animations just give me a weird vibe. Like others have said, the head not scaling with the body size is very bizarre, your body gets bigger but your head still stays the same size which makes your head, including your giant horns, look very small. Combined with some animations like the dance (actually makes me cringe) and wave emotes it almost completely ruins the vibe of the race for me.

Is it a super big deal? Not really, but for players who enjoy rp and just general feel of the race I can definitely see how it’s a problem. Imagine a class with insanely cool fantasy behind it, but the only race that could play it is a tuskarr that had goofy, exaggerated animations akin to a cartoon. Tuskarr in theory have really cool lore and they could absolutely make them have a satisfying vibe in game, but they instead choose to give them animation/personality that’s only really describable as awkward. On one hand yes, it doesn’t affect gameplay at all. However it really sticks out like a sore thumb when you do notice it.

A similar issue I have for example is that I absolutely hate the male mag’har orc voice compared to the base orc, and you hear your character’s combat sounds often enough that it’s very grating sometimes. It honestly has made me second guess making mag’har orcs over base orcs as a result.

I used to really not like the dracthyr running animation and casting animations (not counting breath attacks) but they don’t really bother me anymore, I kind of just got used to them since I was really enjoying the class.

Yeah, running may be a little derpy but if you’re not hovering 75% of the time, you’re doing it wrong.

Even if you’re not hovering, optimal movement is spamming double jump and cancelling the glide. Double jump propels you forward at 180% speed so you cancel the glide so you don’t slow down for a few milliseconds.

Only reason not to do this is if your movement speed is above 180% which generally won’t be happening outside of remix.

So yeah, if the run animation bothers you, stop running.