Returning after mainly playing classic by myself

RI had a few questions since I wanted to get back in the game. I was going to reroll a Pally or Warrior to get familiar with the class again. I’ll be going alliance for what it’s worth.

1.) How much does your server matter? Does it still matter for things such as raiding? I wanted to roll back on my OG server Burning Blade lol.

2.) As someone who eventually wants to raid normal, maybe heroic, how do you go about finding guilds these days? As someone that is quiet, to himself, and doesnt have any logs.

3.) How much do factions matter now? What are the limitations? I assume that Ally characters can’t go to horde cities and vise-versa.

Thanks!

As far as day to day play goes, not much. It will be a factor in how many guilds are available for you to choose from though.

That said, looking up Burning Blade from the outgoing patch, 79 guilds across both factions completed VOTI on Normal difficulty, and 51 completed it on Heroic. So there appears to be plenty of activity there.

Just keep guild shopping. Below is the list of guilds that completed Normal that I mentioned above. Start sending out messages. Be honest about it. Tell them that you’re newly back to the game and looking to get into a group to learn how to raid again. Short of that, search through guilds in the guild finder. Any of them that seem like they might be up your alley, apply to them. (Keep in mind, an officer of the guild you apply to has to approve the application, so you won’t get an immediate yes most of the time.) Asking in /2 also still works.

Less every day. As of this week actually, you can now join a guild from the opposite faction. Raiding and M+ have been cross faction since the expansion launched as well.

1 Like

Not that much anymore, if you really want to find a big active guild then moving to a bigger guild helps. Keep in mind, some servers tend to be a bit more hardcore than others and want to push more.

You can ask your friends or even advertise in trade chat by saying: "LF Guild (insert raid times and state you’re returning and current level/ilvl) Or you can do the WOW forums.

Honestly, not that much anymore. You can play whatever, yes some difficulties will happen obviously but play what you like.

1 Like