Returning after about 5 years, ilvl is SO LOW

I have to be missing something. My ilvl on my healer at level 45 is ilvl 45, I heal for around 500 life which is about 4% of someone’s health bar. Even though years and years ago I used to raid and I had all purple raid gear and great gear.

How am I supposed to do anything? I can barely kill 1 mob to quest to get gear. How am I even supposed to play? Is blizzard forcing people to completely restart and not use old characters?

I’m a little frustrated at this and think its completely bogus, I might be going for a refund soon.

3 Likes

This is my druid healer here.

Blizzard did some weird stuff with scaling in low level content and so some stuff is weird. That is actually a normal ilvl for 45 (at least before Dragonflight).

They rescaled heirloom gear in the pre-patch, so that’s probably going to be the easiest way to up your ilvl on your existing characters if you’ve already got them (or have the gold to buy and upgrade them.)

1 Like

Ya i dont have the gold. And I dont think its scaled properly, greens my level are ilvl 140 while my items are ilvl 50 and such.

So I cannot kill stuff to get gear and I cant level because I dont have gear. Its laughable.

I’d suggest running some dungeons.

1 Like

I tried, but I only heal for around 3% of peoples life, so everyone just dies. and I only have my intellect gear no agility gear.

its super sad. They should of just gave out a free set of greens for you level. its pretty stupid in my opinion

I did a bit of experimenting. I grabbed my level 46 priest and tried out the Highmaul raid on LFR. I stripped off her heirlooms to get her ilvl down to 38 and Kargath was still killable. (It wasn’t fast, but it also wasn’t dangerous.) He dropped a bunch of ilvl 128 gear.

So, soloing WoD raids look like a viable option to get some gear upgrades at 46 regardless of your current ilvl.

The Darkmoon Faire is also in town right now, so you have the change to buy some heirlooms with tickets.

Edit: I just did some checking and it looks like another option for gear would be to just do quests in WoD. Keep Chromie Time off so that it only scales to 40 (and you get the overlevel bonus) and they should be trivial naked at level 46. The quest I just checked rewarded ilvl 96 which I’m guessing will the norm without Chromie Time.

2 Likes