Returning after a decade on Thunderhorn

I’ve been on Thunderhorn since 2004 and have a level 70 what used to be a feral druid that i used for pvp and raiding and a level 72 death knight that i used for fun. i had to stop playing because i bought a house in the country without thinking about internet. But i finally have a stable enough connection at 4mbs

I know asking what has changed is asking a little too much but i’m a little overwhelmed with how to get back in the game. it looks like the entire game’s mechanics, lore, and map have changed.

used to be one of the best now i dont even know how to get around haha. its a little humbling.

anyone have any tips on relearning how to do everything?

what are u struggling with?

whew lad

everything

but what specifically? If youre just leveling its the same as its always been. Questing and dungeons. Max is a whole different story and i can write that essay when u get to max

Just start with leveling up a completely new character from the beginning. Learn as you go, and as you find specific questions or difficulties that you run into, bring them to us here. We will be happy to help you out with any questions you come up with.

One tip from coming back after that long though is try not to think of it as the wow you once knew. Think of it like you’re starting a brand new game. There are very few similarities to the game you remember as you’re discovering.

As Konen said though, without something specific, it would take a document the size of a technical manual on the space shuttle to really explain the whole game.

2 Likes