Returning after 15 years Looking for noob friendly guild to level

Hi all , old burning blade horde player coming back after 15 years and my old toons are still
There haha!. Looking for a casually guild that is friendly and fun . I plan on , once I get back into it , doing raiding . I have a Rogue, hunter, priest and pally all at level 27 ( I guess they rolled them Back?). Leave a message here . Thank again for taking the time to read this :blush:

-Gelroos
Old school Aegis of Fire founding member :grin:

Welcome back! “New Player” is a very low traffic forum, so chances are you won’t find many people from your own realm on here. But I wanted to touch on a couple things for you and give you a couple links of where you may be able to find yourself a guild that will suit your needs.

First things first, over the years some servers have been merged with other ones. Burning Blade is one such server. So when you are sitting in Orgrimmar for example, you may notice people from other realms (what used to be individual servers are now called “realms”, and the collection of realms make up the server). Specifically, you will see people from Burning Blade, Lightning’s Blade, Onyxia, Garona, Icecrown, and Malygos.

All people from these realms are essentially on the same server. You can play together with them as if they were all on Burning Blade. It would take a lengthy post to really deep dive into it, but for the purposes of your question this also means you can join a guild on any one of these realms, which will open up a lot more options for you in your search. Here are a few places I would recommend looking:

New player friendly guilds sticky thread:

There are a lot of guilds posted here that love to help out new and returning players, but they are from an array of different realms, so you will have to search the thread for any that may be on the realms that I listed above.

Realm forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/burning-blade-lightnings-blade-and-onyxia/121 (Burning Blade, Lightning’s Blade, and Onyxia)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/garona/68 (Garona)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/icecrown-and-malygos/156 (Icecrown and Malygos)

Blizzard hasn’t done a very good job at combining the individual realm forums, so they are spread out in 3 places.

Trade chat! /2 is still a good way to find guilds, but not nearly as many tend to post in it anymore. Drop a line in there that you’re looking for a friendly guild to help a returning player and you might get a few hits.

The in game guild finder tool: This was revamped a couple expansions ago, and is actually really useful now. Search the “social and leveling” guilds section and apply to any that sound like they might be what you’re looking for. Check back often to see if your application has been accepted.

Don’t be afraid to guild hop until you find something that feels like it would be a good home for you. There are a lot of guilds out there with a lot of different focuses.

As far as this is concerned, when the Shadowlands expansion launched, there was a level squish. Everyone who was previously level 120, was taken back down to level 50. Level 60 is once again max level. Until next expansion anyway. :slight_smile:

I wish you the best in your search, and again, welcome back to Azeroth!

1 Like

Wow thank you! That was very helpful post. I truly thank you for taking the time to write that. This is all great info!

Gelroos

1 Like

I would just add that the new, level for gaining flying is now level 30.

If you had flying before the squish, however, you will keep it even if the squish lowered your level below 30.good.

If you are speed leveling using Chromie time, WoD is a good expansion for it. Bonus objectives through its zones add xp quite rapidly.

Ty Nok , so much to relearn and yes I do have my old flying mount :).

Hello everyone, friends! Payment problem!

I want to consult with you and understand the current situation as of today, March 15, 2022.

1. I am a player of the World of Warcraft server EU. Started playing not too long ago. My daughter had a birthday. Bought gifts for my daughter. She was somewhere playing WWII with friends. No problem, my dear and beloved daughter. I bought SHADOWLANDS!
  2. Not much time has passed here. The Russian government is currently conducting a military operation in Ukraine. Military Operation Peace Enforcement!
  3. I received a letter that Blizzard is leaving the Russian gaming market due to the Russian military operation in Ukraine;
  4. I went to the store to renew my daughter’s subscription to the Second World War. I don’t remember what I wanted to buy. Some gift for a daughter in a WWII store;
  5. Payment methods for game content have been disabled in all stores and in all games of Blizzard. There are no payment methods to buy or pay for anything;
  6. But Blizzard has not turned off the RU segment servers yet. RC segment servers are working;
  7. 1 payment works - Blizzard WALLET is activated, but the wallet cannot be replenished;

FRIENDS, POSSIBLY SOMEONE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE ME ANY COUPON TO RENEW THE WWII SUBSCRIPTION?

my battletag: NorthWind#21927

• POSSIBLE SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR ME A WOW SUBSCRIPTION. I have mine
        Only here it will be more difficult, you will have to tell me your pay/pal - 570 dollars, so that I transfer you 10-15 dollars from my pay/pal 570 dollars for the subscription
        Or pay me a WOW subscription? I have a pay/pal

Or does someone perhaps know some other way to pay for a WOW subscription?

You can give me a WWII subscription, and I will pay/pal you the money from my pay/pal 570 dollars.

Thanks to all. Have a nice day or evening!

If any part of the payment process you propose goes through a Russian bank or a foreign bank within Russia. it likely won’t be able to happen.

This is really something that you should start your own thread over as it has nothing to do with OP’s questions. That said, keep in mind that Paypal is also suspending services in Russia. This is something you’ll have to take up with your own government.