Returned Player Can't Seem To Get It

I’m not sure what my deal is. I’m generally above average in most things I do (not using this to boast) but I have always been average in WOW.

I have played off and on since Vanilla. I have never really done much end game anything…especially competitive. Now I would actually like to push end game contest and I find myself struggling with anything that is above brain dead free epics.

I’m not sure what to do when I see other ways with significantly higher dps and comparable gear.

Is my rotation really that bad? Do I really not understand what I’m doing? Am I really that bad?

I wouldn’t be able to tell if your rotation is off without seeing you in action, but a preliminary look at your character tells me you’re REALLY low on corruption effects. Unfortunate as it may be, corruption does add a lot of DPS to your character, and without it, somebody who is at the same ilvl as you but loaded up on corruption will be able to pull a significantly larger amount.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Fury isn’t pulling quite as much dps as Arms at the moment, so if you’re looking at another warrior at the same ilvl in your group, that could be another discrepancy.

Your best bet for specific advice for your character would be to head over to the warrior forums here:

and seek advice from people who know the class inside and out. (I know the basics, but I don’t main the class)

They’ll be able to check out your character and give you further advice for stat priority, enchants, proper rotation, talents etc. As far as the basics, you can also check out icy-veins.com for “back to basics” sort of guides. It never hurts to ask for help from more experienced warriors in your guild as well.

Most of all it does take practice to nail your class. I wish you the best, and I’m sure you’ll get it down with a bit of time and further help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont play warrior much these days, but I have a history of multiclassing and doing fairly well on whatever I play, and honestly aside from reading class guides, the best thing you can do to get a feel for your class/spec is open your spellbook and read through all of your abilities, especially the passive abilities. And then read through all of your talent choices, and figure out which abilities, passives, and talents seem to have good synergy with each other. This will give you a better idea of what to press and when.

Unfortunately though, Zipster is right in that corruptions are pretty much more important than your actual class these days. It feels awful in my personal opinion, especially since I have only recently come back to the game and havent gotten my cloak leveled up yet. New and returning players that dont have the cloak yet are basically being punished by ridiculous time gating even though the expansion is nearly at an end. I am trying to grind through it anyways to reach some of my expansion goals, but it just feels bad to be completely honest. Shadowlands can’t come soon enough.

Good luck

I would recommend looking up bloodmallet.com to get an idea of gearing to start with for your warrior.

You have some logs on warcraft logs I’m assuming someone else probably logged. If you aren’t familiar with logging fights, go to warcraftlogs.com and download the app, run it, and start logging your fights so you can track your progress.

There is another website called wowanalyzer.com I ran your wrathion fight just to see and here’s the results https://wowanalyzer.com/report/vKFymbY8THdjDazq/1-Heroic+Wrathion+-+Kill+(3:42)/Profezzor/standard

You’ve got a lot of mismanagement of your cds from this fight. There’s 7 major issues and several more minor that can be adjusted.

Using these resources will help you a good bit in improving! It’ll take some time to get used to, but with some work you can get it! I don’t really know warrior that well or I’d offer more assistance, but those sites should really help you up your game.