Return the Ashbringer, Aluneth, and others

Given the nature of events that transpired at the end of Legion, do you ever think we will see a return of the Ashbringer?

Given the upcoming addon regarding the sword of sargeras, just as we have seen the return of the aspects why not a return of the weapons of its heroes to defend Azeroth once again.

Made me wonder what happened to Ulthalesh as well, since he was sealed within the deadwind harvester, would he not have been released or able to escape the drained weapon?

What of Aluneth as well, as it was an arcane entity as powerful as any of the pillars of creation. (its words not mine)

These weapons of lore would have been drained of their powers but just needing a recharge. Azeroth herself could do that. Otherwise they are just paperweights at this point. I would be thrilled to see them reforged in some manner.

(Honestly it should have been the pillars that were drained to stop the sword, not the weapons of heroes.)

(BTW wouldn’t a giant weapon like that offset the planet somehow just sticking out, not to mention how each titan infused one aspect with its powers and azeroth infused them all making azeroth more powerful than all the titans.)

1 Like

valid point about the sword offsetting the planet’s axis. You’d think it would at least cause some very extreme weather patterns the likes of which haven’t been seen since Cataclysm.

It is kind of a bummer that these legendary weapons had to get cosigned to the dustbin (other than Xalatath) but honestly I’m ok with it. Some of those weapons had more personality than the main cast of characters and I wouldn’t want to see them in the hands of nu-blizz’s narrative people. They had a good run.

2 Likes

I just want to see conclusive ends for them. We’ve seen them for Xal’atath, and also for Hati, which was nice. But honestly, just give Thrall his Doomhammer back. Have the Ashbringer be in Argent hands. Just something. Why the heck didn’t the Twinblades that were made from Frostmourne have some sort of role in Shadowlands?

1 Like

Been saying this all along. This planet should be wobbling heavily and catastrophic damage should be occurring everywhere.

Ion can joke about “What Sword” all he wants, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson would be having a field day with the effects of a giant object like that sticking out of Earth and what it would do.

Pretty sure all of the weapons just got depowered (in whatever way they were originally powered). The knife was still intact for Wrathion to use it on N’Zoth, it had just lost the “soul” inside of it long before we used it on the sword.

I’m making a guess all of the weapons still exist somewhere though.

1 Like

I think he already has his hands full with the Alliance Gunships

3 Likes

Well since we’re talking about it; the upheavals during the Cataclysm were caused by Deathwing’s big world tour, yes? Now for the sake of argument we can say that some of the earthquakes were caused just because he’s the Earth Warder and used dragon magic or whatever, and some of the other damage caused were just elementals getting riled up when he flew overhead. Don’t quote me on it, it’s been a while.

Deathwing was by all accounts one big damn dragon. Not quite on Galakrond’s level but pretty massive in his own right. He’s still only what, 10% the size of the sword we can even see, right? Like I’m sure someone probably from Germany made a very accurate size chart to compare the two but let’s be generous and say 10-25%.

Assuming that the sword belonging to WoW Satan was as evil as you’d expect it to be, wouldn’t Silithus have turned into a fel-scarred heck hole that would make Argus look like Sesame Street? Wouldn’t the impact and shockwave have reduced every building there to rubble and ashes? Glassed the desert? Did anything happen because of it other than some Azeroth-blood seeping out? Or did draining all of our artifacts put like a magical “nope” shield around it so the damage was superficial?

That’s reasonable. I think the Aluneth Staff should return in a Classic WoW Timewalking Two Week Thing.