Return Strand of the Ancients!

Like the title says I would like to see Strand of the Ancients return to the Battlegrounds lineup. I understand some people weren’t fans, but to remove it completely seems a bit drastic. Rework the numbers on the demolishers and cannons, fine tune things as needed, then add it back into the rotation ALONG with the feature to Blacklist BGs from the Random Queue again. That way people that don’t care for its playstyle can choose not to play it.

7 Likes

Nah ty.
:neutral_face:

2 Likes

It wasn’t my favorite BG but I didn’t dislike it. For me it was just “whatever”.
I believe it was removed because Blizz felt that SotA did not really keep up with the changes in the game over the years, as well as Blizz admitting that the vehicular combat idea didn’t really work in a 10/15 man format.

I have heard/read that SotA will be making a return as a brawl after some reworks.

3 Likes

I would be keen to see SotA back. HOWEVER, Blizzard should sort out the Lag issue first or its just going to mess up another good BG

Hell no /10 chars

2 Likes

Yeah lets not do that

2 Likes

I liked the epic games in there with a nail biter courtyard defense or push in the final seconds. They were pretty rare though.

3 Likes

Needed a few changes perhaps, but I would take SoTA over Ashran (as it is curently) hands down.

3 Likes

Would still play Strand over Ashran (in any form).
Would play Strand over BG version of Wintergrasp (not the actual one from Wrath. That was epic).
Heck, would play IoC over current Ashran or WG.

2 Likes

Yep that was a fun bg. Anyway certainly better than Ashran.

1 Like

Apart from there being vehicles and turrets, it wasn’t the worst BG in the world. You could get some pretty close games where one team gets cocky after round 1.

Not to mention those huge battles in the courtyard where you could rack up like 50 HKs lol

3 Likes

it sure was better then ashran and wintergrasp thats for sure.

3 Likes

I loved Strand of Ancients. Very cool concept and a fun battle. Plus both teams get to attack and defend!

I’m glad we have Wintergrasp back. And I hope we get Strand and Ashran back again. I understand now you guys are making it an Epic BG which is cool.

I wish they all stayed at the level they were created for, as well as matches for every xpac cap. But with the vocal minority always crying and rushing through stuff, it makes sense to have them Epic BGs.

2 Likes

I’m so glad we have the laggy crap show that is ashran over a actually functioning BG like strand, oh man catapults were so hard to manage. it was so unfair to put both factions on equal playing fields… we might as well have a HEAVY pve bg that is laggier than a fat man eating nine cinnamon rolls in an hour over a purely PVP BG that actually worked well.

Way to necro bump this trash idea

1 Like

I liked SotA

First of all, Holy Necro!

Secondly, yes, SotA should be returned.

I’ll only agree to this is we trade Seething Shore for it

Hate that BG so much

1 Like

Why remove the one BG that requires you to think and not zerg to win?

I don’t like SS either, but it exposes those that follow and those that think for themselves in BG’s.

Because the vast majority dislike it, even if it shows “who thinks for themselves”