Return Player Gear Upgrade option

Is this worth it or should i just ‘gamble’ on my current gear?
Read some posts that its garbage, even breaking some things like log in.
Also does it work on all eligible characters or once you use it on one the others cant get it?

I’d say it probably depends on the level of the character and how long it’s been since you’ve been on them. They rescaled ilvls for Dragonflight, so any non-Shadowlands gear from before that time will probably be way under-leveled.

If your character is in that situation, the next thing to consider is what other gear options you have for them. If you’ve got access to heirlooms, then the return player upgrade really isn’t necessary. Also, if a character is in the 35-40 range, they have the option of getting the gear from the MoP adventuring supplies vendors if you don’t want to mess with the upgrade. Characters below 35 can probably muddle through with what they’ve got until they’ve found upgrades by playing.

While I’m not completely sure, I believe that it’s on a per-character basis.

1 Like

ok i have a question. my husband just bought back in today… no where is there a gear upgrade . he hasn’t played since jan. what gives.

Just to follow up for others deciding, i did the gear upgrade on one toon and got all the old gear i was wearing and in my bags back in the mail. So you dont lose anything by taking the upgrade (i think).

1 Like

I wondered this with my main a few days ago, but decided to try it on some random alt first instead. I’m glad I didn’t do it on my main!

On my alt, it gave me some good gear and bags and generally wasn’t a problem. All my old gear was in the mailbox and can be looted like any other in-game mail. I’m used to certain items in my inventory on my main (partially through SL) and already have pretty good bags, and don’t need the disruption on that character. I figure I’ll get caught-up with armor/weapons from RFD whenever I buy DF.