Return of the Lich King? Please?

I think if any expansion could save WoW it’d be another Lich King expansion.

Y’all were setting something up with the DK story in Legion. I would like to follow that up with an expansion. If possible.

3 Likes

You are missing an expansion in-between

World of Warcraft: The Draenor Returns

So we’d have pre-draenor, draenor and post-draenor

You travel 500 years into the future of draenor to see that it looks like pre-draenor, and we’d fight the legion that have conquered post-draenor but a surprise twist, we kill another horde leader and the Lich King becomes leader of horde and starts invading post-draenor with the scourge and that leads to…

World of Warcraft: The Lich King Returns and then we kill him and get another new horde leader

5 Likes

are you talking Current Lich King or other dimension Lich King? I would like to see Bolvar rise up and take up the throne full throttle.

not the horde throne. the lich kings throne.

3 Likes

won’t save wow, better class design, end of quecraft/chorecraft, will “save” wow.

rolling out the nostalgia train again will only go so far.

2 Likes

I’m already convinced of a Wrath 2.0. Why bring in Bolvar’s daughter otherwise?

2 Likes

I can’t think of a good reason to go back to Northrend.

We’ve kind of been there, done that. At least with Warlords we went back to an intact Draenor that was different than Outland.

What would be significantly different about Northrend?

1 Like

We don’t have to go back to Northrend. They could come up with a new location like they do with every expansion.

How about the Lich Queen?

I suppose it’s doable.

But a LK expac without Northrend (which is where the scourge are) seems kind of odd.

I suppose they could go back and do that underground realm that was cut from WotLK.

I’ve been holding out hope that some time ago the Lich King re-asserted control over Sylvanas, and all of her recent actions have been at his behest.

Think about it: Arthas lost control of Sylvanas when he was a death knight because the Lich King weakened. If Lich King Bolvar could get control of her back, he’d have all of the Horde at his disposal. And the Ebon Blade, as the Deathlord and the Ebon Blade were working “with” him during Legion.

With Bolvar’s daughter and Arthas’ sister both in play now, the scene is ripe for another Lich King centric xpac.

1 Like

I more so want an expansion entirely devoted to Old Gods and their vast city buried deep in Azeroth. I actually feel like bfa is the segways for this to happen lol.

1 Like

even if we do return to northrend they could change it like how cata changed the normal world. you know, have the current lich kings new northrend fit his design/image.

I am absolutely OK with that.

1 Like

Dis pear…so delicious :yum: wrath was a blast! Definitely my favorite in game lore experience from an expansion. I wouldn’t mind more LK content.

honestly, old gods and titans don’t interest me. i like when the bad guy is just a guy. having mortals defeat gods just seems silly to me with very little explantion on how we are so strong.

for legion i still think a planet god should have killed us even with our artifacts XD.

1 Like

you DO realize that LK has no real threat to players anymore right?

he has his frost and necro pwoers and thats it. he lost his OP sword that steals souls.

he lost his val’kyr.

it would be easier to defeat him now than it was before.

2 Likes

not really though. he could have us deliver to him the broken pieces of frostmorn in secret. even the one we used to craft the artifact weapon with. we are still under his control.

HoA could be used in some way.

except you are not :confused:

just like with Sylvanas and the forsaken. He can lose control of those he use to control.

Sure, he might actually be able to control the horsemen (since they are given a special kind of power), but rest of archeus DK are free.

also didnt DK use shards of it to craft weapon already? and then poured said weapons power into giant sword in desert rendering it powerless?

2 Likes

if we weren’t under his control then why did we bring the horsemen back to life for him? if we were truly free why didn’t we just deny him?

yes we used some of the shards. i don’t think we used the entire weapon though.