Return of Derek Proudmoore's Sylvanas Prematurely Disappears

I’m behind on the War Campaign, so I’ve been trying to do the “Return of Derek Proudmoore” to catch up on the story. I pick up the quest from Sylvanas at Rastakhan’s funeral, and she goes through her dialogue with Talanji, Baine, and Nathanos, then she tells me to meet her on the Banshee’s Wail.

When I go to the Banshee’s Wail and speak to her I see the dialogue option “What are you planning to do?” When I click on it, she, Derek’s coffin, and the nearby valkyr all fade out and my quest is marked as complete. Since she didn’t explain anything, I’m pretty sure this wasn’t supposed to happen.

I tried restarting the game with all mods disabled, but that didn’t fix it. Unless I’m missing something, this seems like a bug.

I really don’t want to move ahead with the story right now even though I technically can since I get the feeling I’m missing something pretty important.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I was able to find the cut-scene on YouTube though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7q3_SKULE

3 Likes

Thank you for finding this.

Confirming this bug occurred for me also.

still bugged for me and my wife

I’m also experiencing the same issue. My thanks to the person that provided the link to the cut-scene.

I just had the same bug… Really sad to miss that moment…

It’s happening to me either.

Thank you!