Rets werent even the worst class/spec combo

this right here. the fact 18% of the kills for algalon are registered by paladins shows that they are over represented in Algalon kills i think we need to see nerfs to paladins. warriors only 4.2% what a joke.

oh and he’s right about them whining on the forums. they whined so hard blizz broke.

1 Like

Yall hate us cause you aint us. Straight up post on your main or us rets cant even take you seriously

1 Like

Prot wars need some type of buff to make them more relavent come on u buffed ret pally that didnt need a buff, give prot wars more utility or even ardent defender something devs stop craping on the prot wars

Blizzard did not make the change because of DPS, they made the change to DPS because of class representation in raids.

The cause was Ret paladins not being brought to raids, the fix was a DPS increase to make the class more attractive. If your class is represented well, you don’t need any fixes.

Blizzard has made a good change, and in my view the only people who should be upset are people who have been replaced by ret paladins in their guilds.

Anyone? Anyone been replaced by a ret paladin? Calling all players of any class who were dumped from their guild raid roster in favour of a ret paladin. Chime in any time now…I’ll wait…any time now…don’t be shy…

1 Like

Meanwhile, shamans getting free tier tokens because warriors are nowhere to be seen, lol.

It was because of DPS, nothing else.

Editing because my first post was using the wrong chart.

I’m not allowed to post links but if you care enough to remove the spaces you can scroll down to the second list and sort by “parses” to see a rough idea of class representation:

[Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft](https:// classic. warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/1017)

And also:

This is why I have the view that I have because I think the proof supports my view, but if you have alternate interpretations that make sense to you then we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

With very good/BiS gear on a warrior, you can charge a hunter, MS crit him for 1.6k, then eat a 8k explosive shot if it too crits… You can charge a boomkin, sudden death execute him for 1.2k, and then see that starfall is doing 1.7k to you every tic… safe to say, the damage in-out ratio is very bad. You dont go from dead last in PVE, lose slam (20% of your dmg?) and suddenly start doing damage in PVP where everyone has more armor, talents that reduce phyiscal damage, etc while they all cast spells that normally do way more DPS than you and have 100% armor pen.

Rofl. 1.6k crit on MS? What are you talking about? Warriors can do like 10k damage in an intercept stun

Warriors are the most busted pvp class in this expansion and it’s only going to get worse. War HPal is the most oppressive 2s comp to have existed in classic thus far, and thundercleave is one of if not the best ladder comp in the game.

2 Likes

funny but true story. we don’t take any rets seriously.

But they were the loudest. Squeaky class gets the buff.

2 Likes

are you sure about this? did you not read this little bit of data?

Sorry Yama. stealing your data.

but they are. they literally are one of the highest represented specs in ulduar. they buffed them because they wanted to give them a cookie to go away. and they still aren’t happy. you don’t know what you’re talking about.

its awful because now they will continue to whine and complain for more. and thats what happened.

3 Likes

they are always complaining they could be a top 3 spec and they’ll be complaining they ain’t the top.

Looking at ICC rankings from 3.3.5 Ret was #4 overall dps. Where will they be now with these buffs?

3 Likes

further down. things have changed. they’ll be a B+ at best so around the middle maybe upper middle of the pack with mourne. with out it? still middle bottom

I main a ret pally and have a fury/prot warrior alt.

Warriors are fun to play, do about the same damage (although they can peak higher) and get stronger each tier.

My warrior after getting a handful of upgrades from Ulduar gained more overall DPS than my main pally did after getting almost every piece upgraded.

Warriors are fine. They play well, and as we’ve already known for months they get way stronger over the expansion just like they do in pretty much every expansion before.

Prot has the most tanking tools and is by far one of the most fun to play because of it. I tanked all of ulduar pretty much solo as a warrior and it went without a hitch. If you can’t do that, you either need more gear or need to play better/with better players.

IMO it comes down to “the squeaky wheel gets the oil”.

I don’t begrudge Ret the buff but I have concerns as to why they got it. To me it seems clear that Blizzard weren’t considering buffing specs until the forums lit up for Ret. It’s literally a response to forum outcry - and that’s problematic.

Why are Ret louder than Fury? Simply put - weight of numbers. There are a lot more Paladin players than Warrior players. And a lot of them would like to play Ret.

If how it looks is how it really is that is a problem. Balancing classes on the basis of who makes the most noise on the official forums is not systematic or fair. Note that I’m not claiming that the Ret buff is in anyway unbalancing. just that the reason Blizzard acted on it and not other issues is concerning.

If Blizzard are going to rebalance specs they need to do it properly and fairly - doing the work of analyzing all the balance across all specs as well as class representation. Not just responding to forum campaigns.

I was initially against any class balance changes for this reason. But now the can is open. They have to commit. The whole thing of “just this one case” doesn’t cut it. They need to commit to balancing all specs and classes now. Fury and Prot need to be next.

Remove the 10% Titans grip deficit until ICC.

I agree with you except this. Commanding Shout stacks with imp.

I thought this got patched out with ulduar? Well atleast we aren’t 100% useless, maybe just 99% useless

ah … might have … if so that’s actually hilarious - buffing Ret and nerfing Warriors even more.

I saw people talking about it in fgh club before ulduar dropped but I could be wrong, I was under the impression it was patched, I’ll have to double check!

1 Like

The argument that warriors aren’t good in pvp is a little disingenuous because I believe you’re primarily polling 2s. 2s suck and are difficult to balance; there’s a reason blizzard removed 2s from giving titles in wotlk… in 3s and 5s warriors are great (along with 2s which is very rock paper scissors.)

However I agree with the pve arms buff :smile:

1 Like