Rets now have undispellable Freedoms lol

Breath is still nerfed by like 50% in PvP though. I guess it depends how strong the buffs are, but I tried breath in PvP a few months ago and it was like the weakest 2m CD I’ve ever used in BfA.

You guys don’t really need mobility though. The amount of damage you can put out and the amount of survival you have is obscene for a DPS spec, there needs to be a balance somewhere. Being kited was your weakness.

Not every class needs a tool or a counter for every situation.

1 Like

if ret survival is obscene for a dps spec then i dread to know what you think about literally every other melee besides maybe enhance rofl

2 Likes

Goodbye mages.

1 Like

rise of the retribution paladins

prepare for

retribution

hahahahahahhhahhahahha

5 Likes

Rets have really bad survival though. Like D tier. C tier at best.

1 Like

Breath still does disgusting burst:

With spammable range snare/Chains, Grip & double Freedoms, FDK/Ret targets (8.2) are going to be in trouble.

2 Likes

I have tattoos that say “dont believe his lies”

That did look impressive. I may have to revisit it.

2 Likes

Still nothing compared to long arm of the law, double freedom, and emancipate. It’s a good start though

3 Likes

I want Thor Cleave to be a thing again. Make it happen Blizz!

2 Likes

I feel like i’m alone in not being afraid of ret?

Well not anymore than I am infernal, combust, avatar etc.

I want to play Vanguard Cleave now!

I may not be posting as much, but i’m definitely one of them!

I hope ret paladins are the anti mage. Every game I’d bring a ret paladin! That’s one of the greatest things about being a healer. I can choose my weapon if you get my drift. In fact! When a team desperately needs a healer I come in looking like a saving champion.

1 Like

That literally can be said about any class though. PvE gear is the problem lol.

Tbh if you want a good answer to mana burn cleaves and running down healers or mage teams. Paladins and hunters(especially beast cleave) have historically kept those comps in check…

1 Like

I mean historically MM hunter has been the gatekeeper for keeping mages and other casters in line, but since MM is currently garbage they are running free. Right now UH DK seems like the best answer to most casters.

Maybe Ret will be able to do something about that.

The thing about ret is it has nithing to negate spell damage so they’re still gonna be the kill target and standing in the middle of the arena against double caster is still very punishable for rets compared to unh dk.

1 Like

Dks sre just busted tho, is there a comp where dk is actually the main target? You’d need something wild like outlaw/spriest to silence and disarm a dk to prevent 1 of their 5 cds and deathstrike. And still have cc for the healer with a ranged stun clone setup

Hate for any other melee ret or otherwise to be dk 2.0

Yeah AMS, AMZ, 2 kicks, 2 stuns, grip, ranged spammable slows, there is no doubt DK is still superior to Ret. The only difference will be now Ret can use big/small wings and run away to LoS once their down, and outside of hard CC people won’t be able to stop us with just snare/root.

5 Likes