Rets now have undispellable Freedoms lol

I know but it’s a huge speed boost and enough for them to run away pretty quick.

Completely disagree. It just says it will keep the normal +10% damage boost that UA provides. It’s just a “dormant” UA exactly as it says.

1 Like

That’s not something Affliction needs. Affliction needs tools to kite and stay alive. Damage isn’t an issue with them, it’s not dying in 10 seconds with melee invading your body.

They can still be snared immediately after if you wait for them to use it.

Ok but the point is they have other tools to get away with, so the weakness is justified.

If they couldn’t port or roll away I’d be against it only being a removal and push for it to be like freedom.

1 Like

Imagine thinking ret sustained is fine lol

3 Likes

It seems that our Blizzard overlords have finally answered our prayers since Legion Beta. 10/10, great change. Rets are on their way to viability, boys!

2 Likes

8.2 can’t get here fast enough. I haven’t been this excited for a patch since like Wrath.

2 Likes

Any Hpals that know how to pump damage wanna queue 2’s after this goes live and mongo people down Pally-style? I haven’t done a 2’s game since playing against Frost Mage/Rdruid on Mugambala :sob:

1 Like

No lie I did 6 games of 2s yesterday at 2300 mmr, queued in arcane/rdruid 3 games, then frost/rdruid. Then I went ahead and stopped playing the game… pretty toxic when you can’t hit either target all game lol.

That freedom change is gonna be so much fun :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hear hear brother! crashes beer filled mugs together Time to bring these Mages to justice.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if it’ll be enough to really give Ret the mobility they need to catch Arcane Mages or Frost Mages consistentally, but it’ll definitely help. It’ll also help more when they pair with an Hpally or another melee DPS.

1 Like

I’m only asking for a chance. Put me in coach (in 8.2…not yet).

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not gonna provide us 100% uptime, but it will definately be an improvement. For a mage to peel us now they will have to commit poly during freedoms and put that on DR, which can spell disaster for them once they run out of shimmer blinks with wings active.

3 Likes

look at this circle jerk of rets creaming over the idea of catching a mage

14 Likes

We’ve been rp walking all games since legion, let us free

9 Likes

Ret’s been held back by the lack of mobility for so long. It’s nice to finally be getting it addressed, if only by a bit. Having high damage doesn’t mean anything if you can’t actually hit your target.

It literally says;
“…remains dormant on the target for 10 sec after it expires, increasing your damage dealt to the target by 10%.”

Si if you have multiples UA you will have multiple additional 10% damage on the target

Let’s apply logic to this:

• UA gives a 10% damage boost to targets it’s on. That 10% damage boost does not stack.

• This new PvP talent applies a “dormant” UA that does everything a normal UA does minus the actual damage from UA.

• Why would you assume the 10% damage bonus from this dormant UA will stack when the normal one does not?

• Why would you think doing +60% damage to a target would be balanced?

I think if you look at the entirety of the evidence I laid out you will agree with me that the new UA PvP talent can not provide a stacking damage increase. Thank you and I rest my case.

2 Likes

Fdk/ret with Breath of Sindragosa buffs and double freedoms is gonna be a brutal comp.

1 Like